|Beauty pageant titleholder|
Rosanna Davison in 2016
|Born||Rosanna Diane Davison
17 April 1984
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Title(s)||Miss Ireland 2003
Miss World 2003
Miss World Europe 2003
|Spouse||Wesley Wes Quirke (2014–present)|
Rosanna Diane Davison (born 17 April 1984) is an Irish actress, singer, model and beauty queen who was the winner of the Miss World 2003 title. She is the daughter of musician Chris de Burgh, and the song "For Rosanna" was written by her father for his 1986 album, Into the Light in her honour.
Born in County Dublin, Ireland, Davison's primary school education was at Aravon School, in County Wicklow. She then attended Rathdown School, Glenageary, County Dublin. She was class prefect before graduating and completing her leaving certificate examinations in 2002. In 2006, she graduated from University College Dublin with an arts degree in Sociology and Art History.
She has recently enrolled on a part-time course in Dublin with a view to becoming a qualified nutritional therapist.
In August 2003, she entered the Miss Ireland finals in Dublin, and winning the competition, found herself competing for the title of Miss World. December 2003 saw Davison, along with 106 other contestants, compete in the Miss World competition in Sanya, China. Rosanna went on to win the crown and is the first Irish entrant ever to win the Miss World title since it started in 1951. During Davison's reign, she travelled to the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, China, Sri Lanka, Germany, Poland and her native Ireland.
Modelling and film career
She is signed to Storm Model Management in the UK.
In the summer of 2009, Davison starred alongside Irish actor Richard Wall in Vena, in which she played his girlfriend. The movie was directed by photographer and director Kevin Abosch.
In February 2012, she came second in a poll to find Ireland's most desirable Valentines.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2016)|
Davison has been in a relationship with Wesley Quirke since 2006. They were engaged in 2013 and wed in the summer of 2014. They had their honeymoon in the Seychelles.
She has revealed that they had no plans to start a family any time soon and that she would be keeping her maiden name.
Rosanna followed a vegetarian diet for more than a decade, but recently transitioned to a vegan diet to propel training for the Galway Ironman, an event that consists of a half marathon, 90 kilometre bike ride, and 1.9 kilometre swim. She posed naked in a PETA ad campaign promoting a vegan diet.
In February 2015 she signed a publishing deal with Gill Books for her first cookery book, Eat Yourself Beautiful, which was released in August 2015 and went to be a best seller.
- "Miss World 2003". Pageantopolis.com. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Rosanna Davison - Official Website". rosannadavison.co.uk. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Grabone.ie. "Model Rosanna has prescription for a healthier career. . - National News". Independent.ie. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Today's Fashion...". The Island. 1 April 2004. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "Bressie, Georgia top Valentine's Poll". RTÉ Ten. 11 February 2012. Retrieved 11 February 2012.
- "Lady in Red: United have Cole and Chelsea have Dixon, so Liverpool sign MISS WORLD to front LFC TV (and she's Chris de Burgh's daughter!)". Daily Mail. London.
- "No babies before our wedding day, insists Rosanna". Herald.ie. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "I'm not ready to be a mum' Rosanna Davison reveals she is years away from having children despite recent celebrity baby boom". evoke.ie. 12 September 2014.
- "Celebrity Tips, 21-Day Vegan Kickstart". Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "Former Miss World Rosanna Davison poses naked on chillies in ‘American Beauty’-style PETA ad," Toronto Sun, 15 August 2013.
- "Recipe Rivals: Rosanna signs cookery book deal to go head to head with Roz Purcell". evoke.ie. 22 February 2015.
|Awards and achievements|
Natasha Nic Gairbheith
|Miss World Beach Beauty
Maria Julia Mantilla