Rosanna Scotto, 2007
April 28, 1958 |
Brooklyn, New York, United States
|Occupation||American television journalist/anchor|
|Notable credit(s)||Anchor of Good Day New York WNYW (2008–present) formerly anchored with Greg Kelly (2008–2017) now anchoring with Lori Stokes. (2017–present)|
|Spouse(s)||Louis J. Ruggiero (1986–present; 2 children)|
Rosanna Scotto (born April 28, 1958) is an American news anchor. She is the Co-host of Good Day New York, on Fox 5 NY WNYW in New York City with Lori Stokes. She Formerly hosted with Greg Kelly. Previously, she anchored the 5 and 10 pm news with Ernie Anastos, and the Fox 5 Live 11 am news. She has been the lead female news anchor since 1990.
Scotto grew up in an Italian-American family in Dyker Heights, Brooklyn, New York. Her father is organized crime figure and former Harvard lecturer Anthony Scotto, and she has three siblings. Scotto graduated from Visitation Academy, a Catholic elementary school in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.
She graduated from Brooklyn's Packer Collegiate Institute in 1976. She attended The Catholic University of America (CUA) in Washington, D.C., graduating with a bachelor's degree in fine arts in 1980.
Rosanna Scotto began her career in television at WTBS, Ted Turner's UHF television station in Atlanta, where she was a reporter for two local programs and an associate producer of the station's evening newscast. She returned to her native New York City in 1982 as a reporter for WABC-TV's Good Morning New York, which eventually became Live with Regis and Kathie Lee. After a year with Good Morning New York and The Morning Show, Scotto joined WABC-TV's Eyewitness News as a reporter, where she remained until she joined Fox's WNYW. Scotto started at WNYW-TV in 1986 as a weekend anchor and reporter and later in 1994, she started anchoring the weekday edition of Fox 5 News. She was a former Anchor of the 5 and 10 pm newscasts with Ernie Anastos. In 2008, Rosanna was named and promoted Anchor of Good Day New York, soon became alongside with Greg Kelly. After nearly 9 years of incredible chemistry and success of being Anchors together, Greg Kelly made his final appearance on Good Day New York, on September 29th, 2017 announcing he was leaving. Longtime WABC-TV morning anchor Lori Stokes replaced Kelly as Scotto's co-anchor shortly thereafter.
Scotto appeared in the 1998 movie The Object of My Affection as a news anchor. She also had brief roles in the films, Lisa Picard Is Famous in 2000, Ransom in 1996, The Scout from 1994, the remake of Miracle on 34th Street (also 1994) and Ghostbusters (2016).
In 1986, Scotto married Louis Ruggiero, a lawyer. They have two children, a son, Louis "L.J." Ruggiero, and a daughter, Jenna Ruggiero. She is part owner of the family's New York City restaurant, Fresco by Scotto, where she often helps in the kitchen and greets diners.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rosanna Scotto.|
- von Meistersinger, Toby (March 12, 2007). "Rosanna Scotto, Fox 5 News Anchor". Gothamist LLC. Archived from the original on October 15, 2008.
- Siemaszko, Corky (June 28, 2012). ""Good Day New York" co-host Greg Kelly is kissing Rosanna Scotto goodbye and becoming an anchorman". New York Daily News.
- "Rosanna Scotto". myfoxny.com. Archived from the original on July 9, 2014. Retrieved May 23, 2014.
- Freudenheim, Ellen (May 2011). "Brooklyn Pizza? Interview with Rosanna Scotto, Brooklyn born TV Anchor". About.com.
- Schoonover, Jessie (June 1, 2011). "Rosanna Scotto, Fox Co-Host, Celebrates Silver Anniversary With Network". Western Queens Gazette.
- "CUA Alumni Event Album". The Catholic University of America. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- "Rosanna Scotto Filmography". New York Times. Retrieved May 23, 2014.
- "Rosanna Scotto Filmography". IMDB. Retrieved May 23, 2014.
- "Rosanna Scotto wed to Louis Ruggiero", New York Times, September 14, 1986.
- R. Couri Hay. "Family Bonding with the Scottos". Hamptons. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
My husband, Lou, just opened a law office in Southampton. Our children are excited because they will get to spend more time out East. Our daughter, Jenna, who graduated from Bard has been working in Montauk with Rufus Wainwright. We’re already planning what we’re going to cook for him when he visits. Our son, L.J., graduated from the Dwight School.
- Camille D'Arienzo (May 15, 2012). "New York TV news anchor talks of life off-camera". National Catholic Reporter. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
Together, we try to raise our two children, Jenna and LJ, with the same old-fashioned values we grew up with. Our kids attended Catholic grammar school because we wanted to make sure they had a strong foundation.
- Settembre, Jeanette (May 11, 2014). "Moms at these New York restaurants inspire their kids and work in the kitchen". New York Daily News.
- Johnson, Richard (January 29, 2014). "Rep. Grimm couldn't intimidate Scotto". Page Six/New York Post.
- "New York TV Anchor Lauds Catholic Schools: "I Am Proud to Be a Catholic"". ChurchPOP. August 31, 2017. Retrieved September 5, 2017.