Rosanna railway station
|PTV commuter rail station|
Rosanna, Victoria 3084
City of Banyule
|Operated by||Metro Trains|
|Distance||15.80 kilometres from|
|Fare zone||Myki Zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||1 October 1927|
|Closed||6 October 2017|
|Rebuilt||4 May 2018|
(Level Crossing Removal Project)
|Electrified||1500 V DC overhead (April 1923)|
Flashing light signals replaced wigwags at the former Lower Plenty Road level crossing, which was located at the Down end of the station, in 1958, in conjunction with the duplication of the line between Rosanna Junction (formerly located at the Up end of the station) and Macleod station. Boom barriers were provided later on in 1972. Three years later, in 1975, new station buildings were provided.
The station was closed on 6 October 2017, and a new elevated station was opened on 4 May 2018, as part of the removal of the Lower Plenty Road level crossing, and the duplication of the Hurstbridge line between Rosanna and Heidelberg stations.
Platforms and services
- Flinders Street all stations and limited express services to
- 513 : Eltham station – Glenroy station (via Lower Plenty)
- 514 : Eltham station – Glenroy station (via Greensborough)
- 517 : Northland Shopping Centre – St Helena
- Rosanna Vicsig
- S0158: Lower Plenty Road Vicsig
- Vincent Adams Winter (1990). VR and VicRail: 1962-1983. p. 106. ISBN 0-9592069-3-0.
- Lower Plenty Road, Rosanna
- Hurstbridge Line Upgrade Stage 1
- "Hurstbridge Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- "513 Eltham - Glenroy via Lower Plenty". Public Transport Victoria.
- "514 Eltham - Glenroy via Greensborough". Public Transport Victoria.
- "517 Northland - St Helena via Viewbank & Greensborough". Public Transport Victoria.