Location of Rosaryville, Maryland
|Country||United States of America|
|• Total||9.2 sq mi (23.8 km2)|
|• Land||9.2 sq mi (23.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||223 ft (68 m)|
|• Density||1,200/sq mi (450/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0597990|
Rosaryville is an unincorporated area and census-designated place (CDP) in Prince George's County, Maryland, United States beside U.S. Route 301. The population was 10,697 at the 2010 census, including housing developments and rural open space. It was named for a local Roman Catholic church. Close to Rosaryville are the Marlton housing development, Maryland Veterans Cemetery, the Southern Maryland Farmers Market, and Rosaryville State Park.
Rosaryville is located at (38.767664, -76.835568).
As of the census of 2000, there were 12,322 people, 4,112 households, and 3,367 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 901.4 people per square mile (348.0/km²). There were 4,267 housing units at an average density of 312.2/sq mi (120.5/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 34.13% White, 59.57% African American, 0.64% Native American, 2.67% Asian, 0.11% Pacific Islander, 0.63% from other races, and 2.25% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.12% of the population.
There were 4,112 households out of which 40.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.7% were married couples living together, 12.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 18.1% were non-families. 14.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 3.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.99 and the average family size was 3.29.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 28.0% under the age of 18, 6.8% from 18 to 24, 32.3% from 25 to 44, 25.8% from 45 to 64, and 7.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 95.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.4 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $79,715, and the median income for a family was $85,225. Males had a median income of $48,776 versus $41,843 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $27,817. About 1.7% of families and 2.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.3% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
Rosaryville residents are assigned to schools in Prince George's County Public Schools:
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Rosaryville, Maryland
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Rosaryville CDP, Maryland". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 23, 2011.
- "A Brief History". St. Mary of the Assumption Church. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Rosaryville CDP, Maryland". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 23, 2011.
- "CENSUS OF POPULATION AND HOUSING (1790-2000)". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2010-07-18.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.