|Member of the Virginia Senate
from the 20th district
January 8, 1997 – January 11, 2012
|Preceded by||Virgil Goode|
|Succeeded by||Bill Stanley|
|Member of the Virginia House of Delegates
from the 10th district
January 11, 1986 – December 30, 1996
|Preceded by||Mary Sue Terry|
|Succeeded by||Barnie Day|
|Born||William Roscoe Reynolds
May 21, 1942
Martinsville, Virginia, U.S.
|Alma mater||Duke University
Washington & Lee University
William Roscoe Reynolds (born May 21, 1942) is an American politician. A Democrat, he served in the Virginia House of Delegates 1986–97 and was elected to the Senate of Virginia in a December 1996 special election. Prior to his election to the House of Delegates, Reynolds served as Commonwealth's Attorney for Henry County, Virginia. He represented the 20th Senate district, made up of four counties and parts of two others in southwestern Virginia, plus the cities of Galax and Martinsville.
In 2007, Roscoe Reynolds defeated his opponent, Jeff Evans, 62.88% to 37.06%, winning re-election to the Senate of Virginia. After redistricting changed the composition of the 20th Senate district, Reynolds was challenged by William Stanley, the incumbent from the 19th district. In a three-way race, Stanley defeated Reynolds by 644 votes, 46.80% to 45.54%.
- Reynolds has voted multiple times against Castle Doctrine bills.
- In January 2011, Reynolds voted against Senate Bill 876 (Castle Doctrine) which would have allowed “a lawful occupant use of physical force, including deadly force, against an intruder in his dwelling who has committed an overt act against him, without civil liability.” 
- In February 2011, Reynolds was one of eight senators on the Senate Courts of Justice Committee who “passed by indefinitely” House Bill 1573, defeating the bill by an 8 to 4 margin.
- Senate of Virginia bio
- "November 6, 2007 General Election Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Archived from the original on October 2, 2011. Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- "November 2011 General Election Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Archived from the original on 2014-12-19. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- Norfolk Examiner, January 19, 2011
- National Rifle Association, February 15, 2011
- "Senator Wm. Roscoe Reynolds; Democrat - District 20". Senate of Virginia. Archived from the original on 2009-01-15.
- "Past member search; Roscoe Reynolds". Virginia House of Delegates. Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- "Senator Roscoe Reynolds (D-Martinsville)". Richmond Sunlight.
- "William Roscoe Reynolds". Virginia Public Access Project.
- "Election Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Archived from the original on 2010-06-17.
- Project Vote Smart - Senator William Roscoe Reynolds (VA) profile
- Follow the Money - Wm Roscoe Reynolds
- Washington Post - Senate District 20 Race