|Head chef||Paul Rankin|
|Street address||7-11 Linenhall Street|
Roscoff Restaurant is a former restaurant that was located in 7-11 Linenhall Street, Belfast, Northern Ireland. It was a fine dining restaurant that was awarded one Michelin star in the period 1991–1998.
Restaurant Roscoff was established in 1984 under the name Roscoff. Some years later, after the addition of other eateries to the Paul Rankin Group, the name was changed to Roscoff Restaurant.
In 1991 the Michelin Guide awarded its first Michelin star in Northern Ireland to Paul Rankin. Roscoff and Rankin were highly influential on the contemporary culinary world in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Many chefs and head chefs, such as Dylan McGrath, Michael Deane and Robbie Millar, have received a part of their training there.
Forced by financial difficulties, Rankin sold the restaurant in 2005. The building is now occupied by restaurant CoCo.
Paul Rankin was the head chef of Roscoff.
Besides the Michelin star awarded by the Michelin Guide it has also claimed several other awards:
- BBC Good Food Award 1996
- "Michelin Maps & Guides: maps, atlas, travel guides, Michelin Guide". Michelinonline.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- Helen Nicholson (2010-03-18). "St Patrick's Day: It's a Guinness in Belfast for Irish chef Paul Rankin | Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Great Belfast Food – Local food and local produce". Greatbelfastfood.com. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Celeb chef Millar dies in car crash". BreakingNews.ie. 2005-08-13. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Dining in Belfast, Great Britain". Dining-guide.net. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- http://www.catrionaandbarry.com/mint/pages/about.htm[dead link]
- "Restaurants in Belfast | Georgina Campbell Guides". Ireland-guide.com. 2012-06-28. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "The Irish Times - Fri, Sep 13, 1996 - BBC award for Belfast restaurant". web.archive.org. Retrieved 2014-02-11.