Mega Brands America
Mega Brands America, Inc., formerly known as Rose Art Industries, LLC is an American arts & stationery company based in Irvine, California. It sells products primarily under the brands RoseArt, The Board Dudes, The Write Dudes, USA Gold, Moon Products, MEGA Puzzles and Fuzzy Poster. It is owned by parent company MEGA Brands Inc. a Montreal based company. It has additional operations in Fife, Washington, Lafayette, Indiana and Lewisburg, Tennessee.
2013 marks the 90th anniversary of RoseArt. The company was established when Isidor Rosen founded the Rosebud Art Company in New York City in 1923. During the '70s, the company renamed itself RoseArt. Rose Art has been a subsidiary of Mega Brands since 2005.
On January 24th, 2010, Mega Bloks Inc. agreed to acquire The Board Dudes, Inc., a privately held company based in Corona, California. The Board Dudes designs and distributes a range of products for the school, home and office supply markets. Primary product categories include dry erase boards, cork boards, school and locker products, writing instruments, novelty items and storage products sold under the Board Dudes, Locker Dudes, Write Dudes and related brands. These goods are sold in mass and specialty channels throughout the U.S. and Canada. The Board Dudes founders and principals, Ben Hoch and Michael Cerillo, both maintain senior managerial roles within the arts and stationery division of MEGA Brands.[unreliable source?]
In September 2006, the former owners of Rose Art Industries filed suit against Mega Brands, alleging insider trading by company executives in 2005 and 2006. MEGA Brands counter sued and in November 2009 the parties settled. The Rosens agreed to pay back $17.2 million and forgo claims of an additional $54.8 million. 
- "Rose Art Industries Celebrates Its 80th Anniversary". Business Wire. 2003-02-13.
- Katz, Rachel (2005-06-15). "Mega Bloks to Buy Rose Art Industries for $315 Mln". Bloomberg.com.
- MEGA Bloks Inc (2006-01-24). "Mega Bloks builds on its stationery and activity growth strategy with acquisition of The Board Dudes". PR Newswire.
- Ross Marowits (2008-09-22). "Suit against Mega Brands officers alleges insider trading". Toronto Star.
- Katie Roberts (2009-11-10). "Mega Brands and the Rosens settle lawsuit". Toy News.
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a toy company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|