Rose City Rollers
|Metro area||Portland, Oregon|
|Teams||Break Neck Betties
Guns N Rollers
Wheels of Justice (travel)
Axles of Annihilation (travel)
|Venue||The Hangar at Oaks Amusement Park|
|Org. type||501(c)(3) NPO|
The Rose City Rollers is an all-female flat track roller derby league founded in Portland, Oregon, United States as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Established in 2004, the Rose City Rollers consists of four adult local home teams and two all-star travel teams that represent the league in competition with others as well as junior skaters on six home teams with a travel team for Rose Petals (7-12) and a travel team for Rosebuds (12-17). The Rose City Rollers is a founding member of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association which was established in 2004 as the United Leagues Coalition (ULC) and became WFTDA a year later in November 2005. On November 8, 2015, the Wheels of Justice defeated the Gotham Girls All-Stars 206-195 to win the Hydra and become the 2015 WFTDA Champions, dethroning Gotham after a four-year run as the champions of roller derby.
- BreakNeck Betties
- Guns N Rollers
- Heartless Heathers
- High Rollers
All-star travel teams
- Wheels of Justice
- Axles of Annihilation
The Wheels of Justice are Rose City's WFTDA charter team and compete against other WFTDA teams in sanctioned play, and qualify for rankings.
|2007||15 WFTDA||R1 W||DNQ|
|2008||5 W||7 W||DNQ|
|2009||5 W||7 W||DNQ|
|2010||4 W||4 W||DNQ|
|2011||3 W||3 W||R1|
|2012||8 W||4 W||DNQ|
|2013||4 W||5 D1||DNQ|
|2014||2 W||2 D1||2|
- Fresh Meat - The Fresh Meat training program prepares skaters for derby play at the competitive level by providing the skills and conditioning necessary to play for RCR teams. All incoming skaters are required to take part in the Fresh Meat program to be eligible for a league draft. Skaters who survive the Fresh Meat program are drafted to become the newest Rose City Rollers home team players.
- Wreckers - A recreational (non-competitive) program designed to further the sport of flat track roller derby, this program is open to women 18 and over who are interested in playing derby at any competitive or non-competitive level and is often the first step into the league.
- Rosebuds - Portland's junior roller derby program provides opportunities for personal growth and development for skaters aged 12–17 by encouraging teamwork, confidence, sportsmanship, and fun. They also participate in volunteer activities and fundraising efforts in order to engage and interact with the broader community.
- Rose Petals - In 2014, the junior roller derby program expanded to include skaters aged 7–12 years old. Skaters entering the junior program at age 12 are evaluated individually for program fit.
- "Roller Derby: Rage Reborn! Rose City Rollers revive rink rough 'n' tumble". Willamette Week. 2004-09-29. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- "Current Rankings", WFTDA
- "12/8/2006 WFTDA National Rankings", WFTDA [version of 23 February 2007]
- "February 2006 Dust Devil Invitational Rankings", WFTDA [version of 23 February 2007]
- "Current WFTDA Rankings", Derby News Network, October 2007
- "Dust Devil 2007", Flat Track Stats
- "WFTDA National Rankings", WFTDA [November 2008]. Accessed on 28 August 2014.
- "Battle Royale", Flat Track Stats
- "Derby on the rocks 2009 Western Regionals", WFTDA
- "Rollin’ on the River 2010 West Region Playoffs", WFTDA
- "Bridgetown Brawl WFTDA 2011 West Region Playoffs", WFTDA
- Michael Frighten'd, "Championships Opening Round: 2SC Kansas City Knocks Out 3W Rose City, 143-135", Derby News Network, November 27, 2011
- "September 6-8, 2013: Fort Wayne, Indiana". WFTDA. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- "October 31-November 2, 2014: Nashville, Tennessee" (PDF). Retrieved 4 November 2014.
|This article about a sports team in Oregon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|