|President and Vice-Chancellor of Carleton University|
July 1, 2008
|Preceded by||David W. Atkinson
Samy Mahmoud (interim)
Old Dominion University
July 1, 2001 – June 30, 2008
|Preceded by||James V. Koch|
|Succeeded by||John R. Broderick|
|Alma mater||State University of New York at New Paltz|
Roseann O'Reilly Runte, is a university professor and the President and Vice-Chancellor of Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada. She was also the seventh president of Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, only the third woman to head a four-year college or university in Virginia. She has previously served as president of Victoria University principal of Glendon College and president of l'Université Sainte-Anne.
A dual citizen of the United States and Canada, Runte earned her bachelor's degree in French from SUNY New Paltz and her master's and doctorate from the University of Kansas. Additionally, she has received honorary degrees from Acadia University, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Vasile Goldiş Western University of Arad and the West University of Timişoara.
Runte's poetry has been translated into English, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Romanian. While much of her writing is poetry, she is also noted for her works on cultural studies, with emphasis on the role of women in society.
Runte has been awarded the Order of Canada, the French Order of Merit, fellowship in the Royal Society, the Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal, the Palmes Académiques and a prize from the Académie française. Runte currently sits on the Board of Directors of Montreal-based National Bank of Canada.
- Roseann Runte (1974). La Fontaine's heritage: his reputation and influence on eighteenth-century France. University of Kansas.
- Roseann Runte, ed. (1978). Studies in eighteenth-century culture. University of Wisconsin Press. ISBN 978-0-299-07400-5.
- Roseann Runte, Roger L. Emerson, Gilles Girard, eds. (1984). Man and nature: Proceedings of the Canadian Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies. The University of Western Ontario.
- Roseann Runte (1993). Birmanie blues ; suivi de, Voyages à l'intérieur. Éditions du GREF. ISBN 978-0-921916-25-3.
- Runte, Roseann, Ghi̕sa, Dorin (1994). Poeme / Roseann Runte ; în române̕ste de Dorin Ghi̕sa. Editura Hestia. ISBN 978-973-96074-8-3.
- Alfred Bader (2000). Roseann Runte, ed. A Canadian in love. Victoria University. ISBN 978-0-7727-5700-5.
- Roseann Runte, ed. (2001). The Foundation for International Training: twenty-five years dedicated to international development. Legas. ISBN 978-1-894508-18-6.
- "Public Sector Salary Disclosure".
- Walzer, Phil. "ODU president Runte gets 4.4 raise, to $300,150". Retrieved 2007-09-10.
- Wood, Carol. "Letter to the Editor of the Virginian-Pilot". Retrieved 2007-09-10.
- "Roseann Runte introduced as next president". Retrieved 2007-09-10.
-  Appointment Press Release [Accessed 8 Jan 2008]
- "ODU Alumni Magazine: Winter 2001". Retrieved 2007-09-10.
- Perry, Gillian (1994). Femininity and Masculinity in Eighteenth-Century Art and Culture. Manchester University Press. p. 6. ISBN 0-7190-4228-3.
- Mehta, Binita (2002). Widows, Pariahs, and Bayaderes: India as Spectacle. Bucknell University Press. p. 117. ISBN 0-8387-5455-4.
- Harth, Erica (1992). Cartesian Women: Versions and Subversions of Rational Discourse in the Old Regime. Cornell University Press. p. 168. ISBN 0-8014-9998-4.
- "OCRI-Board of Directors-Dr. Roseanne Runte". Ottawa Centre for Research and Innovation. Retrieved 2009-12-10.[dead link]
- Church, Elizabeth (2008-01-07). "Runte takes helm of Carleton University". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2008-01-07.
James V. Koch
|President of Old Dominion University
John R. Broderick