Roseburg Forest Products
Roseburg Forest Products, based in Springfield, Oregon, is one of the largest privately owned wood–products companies in the United States. Founded in 1937, the company had approximately 3,000 employees and revenues of nearly $1 billion as of 2012. Roseburg Forest Products operates mills throughout Western Oregon. It continues to be held by the Ford Family.
The company was founded by Kenneth Ford in 1937 as Roseburg Lumber in Roseburg, Oregon. In the early 1980s it was renamed to Roseburg Forest Products. It sold off about 45,000 acres (18,000 ha) of timberlands to Sierra Pacific Industries in Northern California. As of 2010, the company had about 3,000 employees and annual revenues of about $840 million. As of 2012, revenues were about $991 million, and with approximately 3,000 employees making it the fifth largest private company in Oregon. In August 2014, Roseburg Forest Products received an investment from United Fund Advisors of $10 million.
- Jenkins, Tam (July 26, 2013). "The List: Top regional private companies - Portland Business Journal". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- "Roseburg sells California timberlands - Portland Business Journal". Portland Business Journal. August 17, 2004. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- Stevens, Suzanne (July 29, 2011). "List: Oregon's top private companies". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- Giegerich, Andy (August 29, 2014). "Roseburg's forestry workers get $10M boost from investor". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- Roseburg Forest Products (official website)
|This article about an industrial corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Oregon-corporate or for-profit organization related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|