Rosebys was a retail chain, consisting of over 300 soft furnishing stores across the United Kingdom. Rosebys sold bedding, curtains, bathroom textiles, and other products. In September 2008 it was announced that Rosebys had become a victim of the recession caused by the 2008 credit crunch and had been placed into administration.
Rosebys was founded in Grimsby in 1922 and, following this, expanded into Yorkshire and northeast England. They acquired a number of other companies in the 1980s, including Sherrys, Stapleton Linens, Maytime Linens, and Waldmans, and became a publicly traded company in 1992. They acquired Brentfords, Knightingales, Shallets, Russells and Bond Street Fabrics in 1995, Rexmore in 1996, and Bensons Beds, Fabric Warehouse  and Fads/Homestyle in 2000. Following this, the company changed its name to Homestyle Group.
 Homestyle Group bought the Harveys chain in 2000. Knightingales stores were rebranded as Rosebys in 2002. In 2004, Rosebys and Fabric Warehouse were acquired by Lloyds Development Capital and split into two separate companies. In 2006, Rosebys was acquired by Gujarat Heavy Chemicals Ltd., part of the India-based Dalmia Group.
On Friday 26 September 2008, with quarterly rents being due on the following Monday, it was announced that Rosebys had been placed into administration, with the loss of 2,000 jobs. Despite an annual turnover of £100m, the group had become a victim of reduced high street spending with fears that it would be the first of such high street failures.
- BJL creates and launches new Rosebys brand, How-Do: News, opinion and resources for the North West media industry, 19 December 2007. Accessed on line 21 December 2007.
- Rosebys' boss visit, Europe Intelligence Wire, 14 December 2004. Accessed on line 21 December 2007.
- "Jobs fear on Rosebys administration". The Press Association. 26 September 2008. Archived from the original on 1 October 2008. Retrieved 26 September 2008.
- About Us, Rosebys. Accessed on line 21 December 2007.
- The Questor Column, George Trefgarne, ed., telegraph.co.uk. Accessed on line 21 December 2007.
- GHCL to acquire UK's Rosebys for $40 million, The Hindu Business Line, 20 June 2006.
- Kollewe, Julia (26 September 2008). "2,000 jobs under threat as textile firm Rosebys goes bust". The Guardian. Retrieved 26 September 2008.
- New owner could reopen 75 Peacocks stores, BBC News - Wales, 26 February 2012.