|Location||Roseville, Minnesota, USA|
|Address||10 Rosedale Center|
|Management||Jones Lang LaSalle|
|No. of stores and services||164|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||1,149,487 square feet (106,790.8 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
Rosedale Center, commonly known just as Rosedale, is a shopping center in Roseville, Minnesota. The mall is considered a regional powerhouse as a shopping destination; surrounded by suburbs and close to major highways, it serves a trade area population almost 2 million people, and boasts 12 million visitors a year.
Built in 1969, it is the third of the "dale" shopping centers built by the Dayton-Hudson Corporation. Southdale Center (1956), in Edina, Minnesota was the first. This was followed by Brookdale Center (1962) in Brooklyn Center, and later by Ridgedale Center (1974) in Minnetonka.
Originally, Rosedale was anchored by Dayton's and Donaldson's department stores. A JCPenney was added, as part of a new North Wing, in 1976; a Montgomery Ward also joined in the 1970s. The mall underwent a major renovation that was completed in 1992. A new Dayton's was added as well (the old Dayton's was rebuilt as new retail spaces). Two parking garages were constructed as well.
The vacant east anchor (originally a Donaldson's, then a Carson Pirie Scott and Mervyn's) was demolished in 2005. Developers built a new, open-air, lifestyle wing, anchored by an AMC theater. This expansion, officially known as the Plaza at Rosedale Center, was dedicated in November 2006.  The 14-screen AMC was completed the next month.
In 2015, the Rosedale Center announced a 140,000 square foot expansion project scheduled for completion Fall 2018. It will include a Von Maur department store. The project would remove 369 current parking spaces, but also build a parking deck to add 450 spaces, a net gain of 81 parking spaces.
Despite a recent remodel from the expansion, Bon-Ton announced on April 17, 2018 that they will be closing doors and begin liquidating all Herbergers stores and all 200+ locations after two liquidators, Great American Group and Tiger Capital Group, won an auction for the company. This will include all Herbergers stores as well as the Rosedale location. According to national retail reporter Mitch Nolen, stores will close within 10 to 12 weeks.
- "Rosedale Center" (PDF). Jones Lang LaSalle. Retrieved 2011-03-17.[permanent dead link]
- "ROSEDALE CENTER". Minnesota Monthly. August 2009. Archived from the original on 2011-09-29. Retrieved 2011-03-18.
- McCartney, Jim (October 2002), FORTY YEARS ON, THE ‘DALES’ STILL THRIVE, DESPITE MALL OF AMERICA, International Council of Shopping Centers, archived from the original on 2011-04-21, retrieved 2011-03-17
- "Rosedale Center planning 140,000-square-foot expansion with new anchor - Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal". Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- "Bon-Ton Stores to close (report)". syracuse.com. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "Liquidators to wind down US department store chain Bon-Ton". CNBC. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- Chris Newmarker (December 20, 2010). "24-hour shopping back at Rosedale Center Macy's". St. Paul Business Journal.