Rosemary Brown (U.S. politician)
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
from the 189th district
January 4, 2011
|Preceded by||John Siptroth |
|Born||November 20, 1970|
|Children||Kennedy Carter, Reagan Brown|
|Residence||East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania|
|Alma mater||University of Scranton|
Rosemary Brown is a Republican member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. Brown was first elected to the 189th Legislative District of Pennsylvania in November 2010. She was sworn into her first term on January 4, 2011.
Brown has resided in the Poconos for 37 years and is a member of St. John's Parish, which is located in East Stroudsburg. Brown graduated from East Stroudsburg High School and holds a bachelor's degree in Communications from the University of Scranton.
Brown currently resides in East Stroudsburg with her husband Joe and their three children.
Prior to becoming a legislator, Brown worked as an assistant buyer for Macy's, and as an executive sales manager for Macy’s, Saks Fifth Avenue, and The Bon-Ton stores. Brown then began working in pharmaceutical sales for Hoffmann-La Roche and Vistakon, which is a branch of Johnson & Johnson.
As state representative, Brown serves on the House Insurance, Children and Youth, Commerce and Tourism and Recreational Development Committees, and serves as chairman of the Arts and Entertainment Subcommittee.
- "2010 General Election". Commonwealth of PA - Elections Information. Pennsylvania Department of State. 2010. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- "Representative Rosemary M. Brown (PA)". Project Vote Smart. Project Vote Smart. 2002–2012. Retrieved 2012-07-11.
- "PA State Rep. Rosemary Brown - About Me". Pennsylvania House Republican Caucus. 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives – Rosemary M. Brown Official Pennsylvania House website
- Pennsylvania House Republican Caucus – State Representative Rosemary Brown Official party website