Rosemount High School
|Rosemount High School|
|3335 142nd Street West
Rosemount, Minnesota 55068-4006
|Motto||Pride in the Past
Performance in the Present
Promise in the Future
|Teaching staff||105.33 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||20.05|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue & Gold|
|Athletics conference||South Suburban Conference|
|Website||Rosemount High School|
Rosemount High School is a public four-year high school in Rosemount, Minnesota, founded in 1918. The school is part of Minnesota Independent School District 196 (Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan School District). The school competes in the South Suburban Conference of the Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL).
As of the 2012-2013 school year Rosemount High School offered 15 Advanced Placement classes and 7 College In the Schools (CIS) Courses.
The demographic breakdown of the 2,112 students enrolled for the 2012-2013 school year was:
- Male - 53.3%
- Female - 46.7%
- Native American/Alaskan - 0.4%
- Asian/Pacific islander - 6.4%
- Black - 6.3%
- Hispanic - 4.3%
- White - 81.7%
- Multiracial - 0.9%
In addition, 17.6% of the students were eligible for free or reduced lunches.
|This section does not cite any sources. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Sport||# of Championships||Year|
|Cross Country, Boys||0|
|Cross Country, Girls||0|
|Winter Basketball, Boys||0|
|Spring Golf, Boys||0|
|Spring Golf, Girls||0|
|Track and Field, Boys||1(2 True Team titles)||2008 (2009, 2011 true team)|
|Track and Field, Girls||0|
Rosemount High School is a modern, well-equipped public comprehensive high school with an enrollment in excess of 2000 students in grades 9 through 12. Campus and building features include: 650 seat state-of-the-art Performing Arts Center, Online library catalog and more than 20 research databases covering all subject areas available 24/7, Over 100 classrooms including specialized science labs, lecture areas and small instructional settings, A 110-acre (0.45 km2) campus which includes a 3,200 seat, lighted outdoor football, soccer and 8-lane, all-weather track stadium, Video production facility with Public-access television cable TV to classrooms, Fully equipped strength-conditioning-fitness facility, Dance studio Voice mail and e-mail for all faculty and staff, and Parent access to student data through School View.
Rosemont High School was one of the first high schools created in the District 196 Educational board. As the population in the area increased, Rosemount was given the "call" by the city to branch off into another high school, making Apple Valley High School. Rosemount got "the call" twice more to branch off into Eagan High School and Eastview High school, their "division rivals".
In the mid-1900s, the Carroll family donated a large tract of undeveloped forest north of one of their farms to Rosemount High School on the condition that it never be sold or developed other than the minimal amount necessary to support walking paths. The area located on the grounds of RHS is known as "Carroll's Woods" and serves as a recreational area and lesson space for students. It is connected to the city's Schwarz Pond Park and the Schwarz Pond beside the High School.
Rosemount Middle School and Scott Highlands Middle School feed Rosemount High School.
- Craig Kusick, Former major league baseball player, former baseball coach and physical education teacher
- Kurt Bills, economics and political science teacher, as well a member of the Minnesota House of Representatives, 2012 Republican Party of Minnesota Nominee for United States Senator
- Lona Williams, Producer of films including Drop Dead Gorgeous (1985)
- Tom Preissing, Professional hockey player, member of the Colorado Avalanche, NHL (1997)
- Peter Breitmayer, actor, appearing in films such as Changeling (1983)
- Robert M. Boche, Wisconsin State Assemblyman
- Tom Compton, Washington Redskins Offensive Lineman. (2007)
- JT Brown, Tampa Bay Lightning Right Wing (2008)
- Mike Richman, Pro MMA fighter for Bellator Fighting Championship (2003)
- Pat Garofalo, Minnesota state representative (1989)
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Rosemount Senior High". ed.gov. Retrieved 13 April 2016.
- "Welcome to the Minnesota State High School League".
- "The Obit For Craig Kusick". The dead ball era. 2006-09-28. Retrieved 2011-08-29.
- "Rosemount stage leads to a legacy for Peter Breitmayer |". sunthisweek.com. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- The State of Wisconsin Blue Book. Legislative Reference Bureau. 1970. p. 63.
- Shaughnessy, Mike (May 4, 2012). "Compton goes to Washington with a chance to prove himself". Sun This Week. Retrieved March 13, 2014.
- Stensaas, Brian (November 27, 2007). "Rosemount's JT Brown: Experience, goals pile up". Star-Tribune. Retrieved March 13, 2014.
- Rogers, Andy (April 11, 2013). "Rosemount MMA fighter has best season yet". Suns This Week. Retrieved March 13, 2014.
- "Rep. Pat Garofalo Announces Run for Re-election". Minnesota House of Representatives. January 6, 2006. Retrieved March 13, 2014.