|The Rosenberg Trio|
|Genres||Chamber jazz, gypsy jazz|
The Rosenberg Trio is a Dutch jazz band of lead guitarist Stochelo Rosenberg, rhythm guitarist Nous'che Rosenberg and bassist Nonnie Rosenberg. The band is influenced by Django Reinhardt, guitarist of the 1930s.
The group's first album was Seresta in 1989. Notable events include the release in 2010 of Djangologists a DVD featuring a recording tribute to Django Reinhardt, and the 1992 live album The Rosenberg Trio: Live at the North Sea Jazz Festival, which captured the trio at an eclectic, youthful highpoint.
There is no exact date before 1989 when the Rosenberg Trio began playing under that name. Two of the Rosenbergs, Nous'che and Nonnie, are sons of Sani Rosenberg, a musician in the Dutch Gypsy community. Having been raised in a very musical family, they all were influenced by the music of Django Reinhardt.
Nous'che started playing with his cousin and buddy, Stochelo Rosenberg, when Stochelo was about 10 years old.
Nous'che and Stochelo both own Selmer guitars. Nous'che a "D-hole" and Stochelo an "oval-hole" (which was the model Django Reinhardt favoured).
- Guitarra - 2010 with La Fuente
- Djangologists, Celebrating 100 years of Django Reinhardt, Featuring Biréli Lagrène - 2010
- Tribute To Stéphane Grappelli - 2008
- Roots - 2007
- Ready'n able - 2005
- Double jeu - 2004
- Live in Samois - 2003
- Louis van Dijk & The Rosenberg Trio - 2003
- The best of... (2CD) - 2002
- Sueños Gitanos - 2001
- Élégance - 2000
- Je zoenen zijn zoeter - 1999 (Herman van Veen & The Rosenberg Trio)
- 3 - Originals (2CD komplet Seresta - Gipsy Summer - Impressions) - 1998
- Noches Calientes - 1998
- Gypsy Swing - 1996
- Caravan - 1995 - met Stéphane Grappelli, Jan Akkerman en Frits Landesbergen
- Live at the North Sea Jazz Festival - 1993
- Impressions - 1992
- Gipsy Summer -1991
- Seresta - 1989
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rosenberg Trio.|
|This article about a Dutch band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|