|Alma mater||Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi|
|Known for||radio and television game show host|
Roshan Abbas is an Indian Radio jockey, theatre actor, TV anchor, emcee, impresario, event manager, writer, and director. He is an alumnus of La Martiniere College, Lucknow. He is a radio and television game show host and head of an events management company, Encompass.
Abbas studied at Hindu College, University of Delhi, graduating with a BA degree in 1992, and completed Mass Communication from AJK Mass communication Jamia Millia Islamia in New Delhi. He started Encompass in 1996, which grew from a creative event agency to an experiential marketing agency that is now aligned with the JWT network.
As a radio jockey he created over 3000 hours of radio programming, winning four awards at the Radio and Television Artiste Awards in India. Having enjoyed a career as a successful TV host for shows like Family Fortunes, Born Lucky, and This is Your Life, he has also been awarded as "Best TV Game Show Host’ for Family Fortunes in 2001. Abbas served on the promo jury for Cannes Lions 2008.
In 2009 Abbas began work on directing a film based on an adaptation of a play about high school called Graffiti that he had written and directed back in 1999. The lines for the film were written in 2003, with the help of his co-writer, Ranjit Raina. The film is "based on Delhi's school life" and will be itself filmed in Delhi, Mumbai and Lucknow.
- "ROSHAN ABBAS".
- "JWT acquires majority stake in Encompass". Zee News. January 29, 2008. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- "An Interview with TV anchor Roshan Abbas". IndianTelevision.com. May 23, 2002. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- "Ad world's biggest award show Cannes Lions starts in 10 days". The Economic Times. June 4, 2008. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- "Roshan Abbas joining hands with Shahrukh". Oneindia.in. December 18, 2008. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- "Is that Roshan Abbas?". The Times of India. September 27, 2009. Retrieved October 28, 2010.