|Date of birth||17 September 1956|
|Place of birth||Subiaco, Western Australia|
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||89 kg (196 lb)|
|1974–1977||East Perth||56 (2)|
|1978–1986||North Melbourne||190 (214)|
|1987–1988||West Coast||40 (111)|
|Representative team honours|
|1996–1997||Western Australia||2 (0)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1988.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Ross William Glendinning (born 17 September 1956) is a former Australian rules footballer who played for North Melbourne and West Coast Eagles in the Victorian Football League (VFL - now AFL). The Ross Glendinning Medal is named in his honour and is awarded to the player judged best afield in the Western Australian derby between West Coast and Fremantle each AFL season.
Glendinning started his senior football career with East Perth in the Western Australian National Football League (WANFL). He joined under the father-son rule, his father Gus having played 69 games for the Royals from 1941 to 1951. Ross played 56 games for East Perth from 1974–1977.
He joined North Melbourne in 1978, after being denied a clearance from East Perth in 1977. He twice won the club's Best and Fairest award and in 1983, winning the Brownlow Medal after finishing second the previous year. Strongly built, he could play at centre half-forward or centre half-back.
Glendinning has been inducted into the WA Hall of Champions (1994), the Australian Football Hall of Fame (2000), the WA Football Hall of Fame (2004) and the North Melbourne Hall of Fame (2012). He was named at centre half-back in the North Melbourne Football Club's Team of the Century. In addition, the Ross Glendinning Medal is named in his honour and is awarded to the player judged best afield in the West Australian derby between West Coast and Fremantle each AFL season.
- Grant, Trevor (29 March 1978). "It can be tough at the top". The Age. p. 26.
- "Glendinning's Brownlow". The Age. 20 September 1984. p. 42.
- "West Coast Goalkicking Records".
- "WA Hall of Champions Inductee Ross Glendinning".
- "Australian Football Hall of Fame: Players".
- "Glendinning a Hall of Famer". 14 November 2012.
- McClure, Geoff (29 April 2003). "And the award goes to ...". The Age. p. 14.
- "State Games 1951 - 2011".
- East, Alan (21 June 1997). "Ross' west side story". The Sunday Age. p. 12.