Lovegrove in 2007
|Born||1958 (age 57–58)
|Alma mater||Manchester Polytechnic|
Lovegrove studied at Manchester Polytechnic (now Manchester Metropolitan University), graduating with a First Class BA in Industrial Design in 1980 and then went to the Royal College of Art, London, in 1983, where he completed his master of design. His inspiration mainly comes from organic forms and structures.
In the early 1980s he worked as a designer for Frog Design in West Germany on projects such as walkmans for Sony, computers for Apple computers, and later moved to Paris as a consultant to Knoll International. His work has been extensively published and exhibited internationally including the Museum of Modern Art in New York (MOMA), the Guggenheim Museum in New York, Axis Centre Japan, Pompidou Centre, Paris, and the Design Museum in London, when in 1993 he curated the first permanent collection. His work is held in permanent collections of various design museums around the world including Museum of Modern Art in New York and Design Museum.
- Red Dot Best of the Best (2010) 
- Hungarian Design Prize
- Batimat Design Award (2009) 
- Vogue Traveller Ecology Prize, SOLAR TREE MAK Vienna, (2007)
- Elle Decor (2006)
- Good Design (2006)
- Wall Paper Design Award (2006)
- Final Nomination for the Prince Phillip Design Prize (2004)
- Good Design (2004)
- JANUS Paris (2004)
- Awarded Royal Designer for Industry by The Royal Society of Arts (2004)
- 'Designer of the Year', A & W Hamburg (2001)
- ID Magazine Good Design Award (2000)
- iF International Forum Design Award, Hannover (1999)
- Médaille de la Ville de Paris (1998)
- George Nelson Award (1998)
- D&AD Silver Medalist
- 'G' Mark Federal Design Prize Japan
- Curated the first permanent collection[clarification needed]. The same year, he was awarded the Red Dot Design Award  for the products created for VitrA 
- "100% Ross Lovegrove". Phaidon Press. Retrieved 20 March 2016.
- About Us – Ross Lovegrove. Rosslovegrove.com. Retrieved on 2014-04-01.
- online-exhibition | Red Dot Award: Product Design. En.red-dot.org. Retrieved on 2014-04-01.
- sun tunnel by Lovegrove. VELUX. Retrieved on 2014-04-01.
- VitrA Bathroom Culture. Usa.vitra.com.tr. Retrieved on 2014-04-01.
- Official website
- Ross Lovegrove at TED
- Bloombery TV The Solar Tree
- Design Indaba conversation with Ross Lovegrove and Fernando Gutierrez (2011)
- "Design Milk" interview (2011)
- Wallpaper* interview (2007)
- designboom interview (2006)
- TED Talks: Ross Lovegrove shares organic designs at TED in 2005
- Design Indaba interview (2004)
- design-engine.com interview (2003)
- Ross Lovegrove in conversation with Dr. Albrecht Bangert, Design Miami 2008 Video at VernissageTV.
- Ross Lovegrove at Cologne Design Week Cologne 2009 Video at Designspotter TV