Mathews at the Macy's Passport Glamorama
September 24, 1979 |
Mount Vernon, Washington, United States
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Other names||Ross the Intern|
Ross Mathews (born September 24, 1979) is an American television personality widely known as an intern and a correspondent for The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, where he was known as "Ross the Intern".
Mathews has subsequently appeared on Celebrity Fit Club, The Insider and as a weekly panelist on Chelsea Lately. He is currently working on the shows Hollywood Today Live, RuPaul's Drag Race and Live from E!
Mathews was born and raised in Mount Vernon, Washington, and is a graduate of the University of La Verne in La Verne, California, where he majored in communications and was a speech and debate competitor.
He appeared on the fifth season of VH1's reality television show, Celebrity Fit Club. During the course of the show, which premiered in April 2007, Mathews lost more than 40 lbs. and helped his team win the grand prize. He was also a guest host on The View on July 17, 2007.
In 2009, Mathews was a contributing correspondent on The Insider, and hosted a web show with The Insider called Inside Dish With Ross Mathews, where he took his viewers behind the scenes, as an "outsider" in Hollywood. Inside Dish became the official online web-shows for CBS's Big Brother and The Amazing Race. Also in 2009, Mathews co-hosted GSN's Big Saturday Night, a weekly game show. His other 2009 appearances included The Howard Stern Show and the 2009 Game Show Awards with Diane Mizota.
In 2010, Mathews joined the E! Network's red carpet team, filling in for Ryan Seacrest as co-host with Giuliana Rancic for E! Live From the Red Carpet coverage of the 2011 Screen Actors Guild Awards, the 2010 Emmy Awards, the 2011 Golden Globe Awards, and the 2011 Academy Awards.
In January 2011, Mathews starred in a pilot that he produced and co-wrote with fellow Chelsea Lately round table regular Heather McDonald. Titled Love or Hate, the pilot was made for the E! Network and was executive produced by Chelsea Handler and her company Borderline Amazing Productions. Mathews also appeared in the E! Network's After Lately, a show about the behind the scenes of Chelsea Lately. By September 2011, Mathews had formally moved on from The Tonight Show, returning for guest appearances, including for the "Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda" skit on December 14, 2011.
On May 7, 2013, Mathews released his book Man Up! Tales of My Delusional Self-Confidence. Mathews was the host of Hello Ross, an interactive talk show on E! from September 6, 2013, until May 16, 2014.
In 2015, Mathews and Carson Kressley were named as new regular judges for the 7th season of RuPaul's Drag Race. At the end of 2015, Mathews began filling in as a guest host on Hollywood Today Live, which is syndicated on Fox. He became a permanent host on January 4, 2016.
Mathews guest starred as himself in an episode of the Mike Tyson Mysteries titled "Unsolved Situations" in 2016..
In 2017, he was the commentator of the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 together with Michelle Visage live for Logo TV. He is scheduled to comment alongside Visage on the Logo TV broadcast of the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 final as well.
Mathews is openly gay. Since 2008, he has been in a relationship with stylist Salvador Camarena. In 2013, the couple appeared in an episode of House Hunters while shopping for a home in Palm Springs. He was also on an episode of Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry which aired on February, 14, 2016.
- Mathews, Ross (2013). Man Up!: Tales of My Delusional Self-Confidence. Grand Central Publishing. ISBN 978-1455501809.
- "Alumni Profile: Ross Mathews 2002 Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine." University of La Verne, University Relations. Accessed July 17, 2007
- Terry Birdsall, "Ross, the Intern Archived 2007-06-26 at the Wayback Machine." La Verne Magazine Spring (2002). Accessed July 17, 2007. "Ross was president of the debate team his senior year. He performed individual events for the team, was state champion for two events and was sent to the nationals."
- Tracy E. Gilchrist (June 10, 2008). "This Gay Week in Television: Bea Arthur, Courteney Cox". Gay Wired. "Lest we forget that Jay helped launch the adorable gay intern Ross Mathews’ career."
- Gilbert, Ted (May 2, 2013). "Why Ross Mathews decided to 'Man Up!'" Archived 2013-07-19 at the Wayback Machine.. CNN.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "E! Orders Pop Culture Show Presentation Produced By Chelsea Handler" Archived 2011-02-23 at the Wayback Machine.. Deadline Hollywood. January 5, 2011
- Nededog, Jethro (August 23, 2011). "E! Signs Ross Mathews to New Talk Show Pilot Development and Talent Deal (Exclusive)" Archived 2011-12-08 at the Wayback Machine.. The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Episode #20.56". The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Season 20. December 14, 2011. NBC.
- "Ross is the Boss". Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis. Season 1. Episode 4. April 4, 2012. Bravo.
- Peeples, Jase (April 24, 2013). "Ross Mathews to Host New 'Interactive' Talk Show" Archived 2013-10-05 at the Wayback Machine.. The Advocate.
- ""The "RuPaul's Drag Race" Season 7 Premiere Date—And Judges—Finally Revealed!" NewNowNext.com Accessed January 28th, 2015". newnownext.com. Archived from the original on 2015-01-30. Retrieved 2015-01-28.
- Jordan, Paul (27 April 2017). "Eurovision returns to the United States". eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union. Archived from the original on 28 April 2017. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Monkey Business: Short Takes". The Kansas City Star. The McClatchy Company. 2007-06-23. p. E6.
- Celizic, Mike. "Super media spectacle more staid than usual". NBC Sports. Archived from the original on 2010-01-12. Retrieved 2010-04-21.
- Celebrity Slimdowns: Losing the Weight. E!. January 2, 2012
- Deeken, Aimee (August 17, 2010). "'Chelsea Lately': Ross Mathews Wants a 'Gayby' Like Neil Patrick Harris (VIDEO)" Archived 2014-11-12 at the Wayback Machine.. The Huffington Post.
- Jung, Helin (November 29, 2011). "Ross Mathews's Soft Spot: His 'Mutty-Mutt' Dogs" Archived 2012-02-15 at the Wayback Machine.. People.
- "TV Personality Looks for a Mid-Century Retreat in Palm Springs" Archived 2014-05-05 at the Wayback Machine.. HGTV.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ross Mathews.|