|Education||BA (Hons) (1988) economics, MA (1990) economics, PhD (1996) economics|
|Alma mater||Queen's University|
University of British Columbia
|Employer||University of Guelph|
|Organization||Senior Fellow, Fraser Institute, Vancouver, B.C.|
Member of the academic advisory board of the Global Warming Policy Foundation
|Known for||Author of Taken by Storm, a 2002 book about the global warming controversy|
Ross McKitrick (born 1965) is a Canadian economist specializing in environmental economics and policy analysis. He is a professor of economics at the University of Guelph, and a senior fellow of the Fraser Institute.
McKitrick has authored works about environmental economics and ones opposing the scientific consensus on climate change, including co-authoring the book Taken by Storm: The Troubled Science, Policy and Politics of Global Warming, published in 2002. He is the author of Economic Analysis of Environmental Policy, published by the University of Toronto Press.
McKitrick gained his doctorate in economics in 1996 from the University of British Columbia, and in the same year was appointed Assistant Professor in the Department of Economics at the University of Guelph, Ontario. In 2001 he received an Associate Professorship and has been a full Professor since December 2008. He has also been a Senior Fellow of the Fraser Institute since 2002. He is a member of the academic advisory board of the Global Warming Policy Foundation.
McKitrick has authored works about environmental economics and ones opposing climate science. The book Taken by Storm, co-authored with Christopher Essex in 2002, was a runner-up for the Donner Prize. The book Economic Analysis of Environmental Policy was published by University of Toronto Press in 2011.[third-party source needed] McKitrick was involved in disputing hockey stick graph temperature reconstructions.  
- McKitrick, Ross (1996). The econometric critique of applied General Equilibrium modeling a comparative assessment with application to carbon taxes in Canada (Thesis (PhD) ed.). PhD University of British Columbia 1996.CS1 maint: location (link)
- "Ross McKitrick Publications and Papers".
- Essex, C. and R. McKitrick (2002). Taken By Storm: The Troubled Science, Policy and Politics of Global Warming. Toronto: Key Porter Books. p. 11. ISBN 978-1-55263-212-3.
the first edition of Taken By Storm...earned us a runner-up Donner Prize, and was a finalist for the Canadian Science Writers Association Book Prize.
- "Past Winners 2002". donnerbookprize.com/. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "Vancouver economist wins Donner Prize". The Globe and Mail.
- R. McKitrick (2011). Economic Analysis of Environmental Policy. Toronto: University of Toronto Press. ISBN 9781442610705.
- "Row over climate 'hockey stick'". BBC. 16 March 2005.
- "Hockey Stick Hokum". Wall Street Journal. 14 July 2006.