|Education||BA (Hons) (1988) economics, MA (1990) economics, PhD (1996) economics|
|Alma mater||Queen's University
University of British Columbia
|Employer||University of Guelph|
|Organization||Senior Fellow, Fraser Institute, Vancouver, B.C.
Member of the academic advisory boards of the John Deutsch Institute, Kingston, Ontario, and the Global Warming Policy Foundation
|Website||McKitrick's home page|
Ross McKitrick is a Canadian economist specializing in environmental economics and policy analysis. He is an associate professor of economics at the University of Guelph, and a senior fellow of the Fraser Institute. He is a member of the academic advisory boards of the John Deutsch Institute, the Global Warming Policy Foundation, and the Cornwall Alliance for the Stewardship of Creation.
He has authored works about climate change issues, including co-authoring the book Taken By Storm: The Troubled Science, Policy and Politics of Global Warming in 2003. McKitrick also endorsed An Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming.
McKitrick gained his doctorate in economics in 1996 from the University of British Columbia, and in the same year was appointed Assistant Professor in the Department of Economics at the University of Guelph, Ontario. In 2001 he received an Associate Professorship and has been a full Professor since December 2008. He has also been a Senior Fellow of the Fraser Institute since 2002. He is a member of the academic advisory boards of the John Deutsch Institute, the Global Warming Policy Foundation, and the Cornwall Alliance for the Stewardship of Creation. He currently lives in Guelph, Ontario with his wife and two children. He is a member of the St. John's Anglican church in Ancaster, Ontario.[third-party source needed]
He has authored works about climate change issues including co-authoring Taken By Storm with Christopher Essex in 2002. The book was a runner-up for the Donner Prize.[third-party source needed] McKitrick also endorsed An Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming. McKitrick was one of the most prominent figures to help promote the Hockey stick graph controversy.
McKitrick was a participant of the International Workshop on Econometric Applications in Climatology in June 2013.[third-party source needed]
- Ross McKitrick's Interests, accessed February 18, 2014.
- Mann 2013, p. 199: "Ross McKitrick...and Patrick Michaels...teamed up to publish another article that TechCentralStation claimed to be the death knell of human-caused climate change...McKitrick and Michaels purported to demonstrate that surface warming was an artifact of contaminated temperature records."
- Essex, C. and R. McKitrick (2002). Taken By Storm: The Troubled Science, Policy and Politics of Global Warming. Toronto: Key Porter Books. p. 11. ISBN 1-55263-212-1.
the first edition of Taken By Storm...earned us a runner-up Donner Prize, and was a finalist for the Canadian Science Writers Association Book Prize.
- "Past Winners 2002". http://www.donnerbookprize.com/. Retrieved 9 Nov 2015.
- DeSmogBlog 2015: "McKitrick is an endorser of the Cornwall Alliance's "An Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming," which states: "We deny that carbon dioxide—essential to all plant growth—is a pollutant. Reducing greenhouse gases cannot achieve significant reductions in future global temperatures, and the costs of the policies would far exceed the benefits."
- Econometric Applications in Climatology
- Mann, Michael (1 October 2013). The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars: Dispatches from the Front Lines. Columbia University Press. ISBN 0231152558.