|Occupation(s)||Musician, composer, educator|
Petot has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Wittenberg University, and a master's degree in Music from Bowling Green State University. He performs on a regular basis with The Wolverines, Stan McDonald’s The Blue Horizon Jazz Band, and The Back Bay Ramblers all jazz ensembles.
Petot lived and performed in Europe for five years playing ragtime and stride piano. He has been a popular attraction at jazz festivals for many years and has appeared at Jazz in Bridgewater.
He has composed numerous piano rags including "Atomic Shuffle" and "Satisfaction Rag". Petot has a long recording history, having recorded with The Wolverine Jazz Band, The Back Bay Ramblers and on solo albums.
In 2008 he was described as a, "stride piano master" and he often performs at the Sherborn Inn in Massachusetts along with the noted British pianist Neville Dickie when he visits America on his yearly pilgrimage.
Petot appeared at the Suncoast Dixieland Jazz Festival in Clearwater Florida in November 2009. He will also appear with the Wolverine Jazz Band in the Jazz Olympics in April 2010 in Port Angeles, Washington and also at the Olympia Jazz Society's 20th Annual America's Dixieland Jazz Festival in June 2010 in Olympia, Washington.
- Stride Piano, solo piano
- I Remember When, with Stan McDonald and the Blue Hozizon Jazz Band
- Arrive in Style, with the Mood Elevators
- Wolverine Jazz Band Live, with the Wolverine Jazz Band
- Just Pretending, with the Wolverine Jazz Band
- The Wolverine Jazz Band Goes to Pieces, with the Wolverine Jazz Band
- Whippin' The Keys: 75 Years Of Novelty Piano Ragtime, as composer
- "New Ragtime & Other Stuff", composed and plays piano
|This article on an American jazz pianist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|