Rebagliati in 2006
July 14, 1971 |
Vancouver, British Columbia
Rebagliati was born in Vancouver, British Columbia. After turning pro in 1991, he was the first ever to win an Olympic gold medal for Men's Snowboarding at the 1998 Winter Olympics. After winning the gold, he was found to have Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in his circulatory system following a blood test and he was automatically disqualified. This decision was eventually overturned, largely on the basis that marijuana was not on the list of banned substances, and Rebagliati was given back the medal. The next day he appeared on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno and became an instant icon to many globally. THC has since been listed by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) as a banned substance.
Since that day, Ross has become a cultural phenomenon in the marijuana world and is an outspoken advocate of medical cannabis. Mr. Rebagliati has been involved in multi-million dollar real estate development projects throughout British Columbia, as well as residential construction.  Rebagliati was the subject of full-page coverage in the July 14, 2008 edition of Sports Illustrated, which profiled his life since his Olympic win.
On October 23, 2009, Rebagliati announced that he would seek the federal Liberal Party nomination for the Okanagan—Coquihalla riding, in British Columbia. At the time, political observers suggested that this could be a tough challenge for the former Olympian, as the seat was held by Minister of International Trade Stockwell Day. Eventually he bowed out as his business ventures brought him home to Whistler.
Ross' Gold Marijuana Branding
In January 2013, Rebagliati and his business partner, Patrick Smyth, launched Ross' Gold, a medical marijuana business. Ross' Gold's primary focus remains on establishing a brand in Canada and gaining a foothold in the industry under the federal government's new regulations. Under the new Marijuana for Medical Purposes Regulations, cannabis would be treated as any other narcotic used for medical purposes, enabling patients to acquire products as needed based on a health-care practitioner's prescription.
Since announcing the launch of Ross' Gold medical marijuana, Rebagliati has been featured in numerous publications including USA Today, the Huffington Post, the CBC with Jian Ghomeshi, The Toronto Sun, and the cover of High Times in October 2013.
In April 2014, Ross' Gold did a reverse merger with Green & Hill Industries to go public under the listing OTC GHIL.
During the Canadian Federal election of 2015, he commented that he looked forward to the new Liberal government fulfilling its promise to legalize marijuana in Canada. He told the CB, "I mean, to think I can be involved in helping people and sharing the knowledge that I have and a lot of people have about cannabis to the mainstream public. I think it's my responsibility." 
He has a global following and growing fan base, especially now that the Ross’ Gold brand is gaining traction across North America. Ross is the proud father of three beautiful children and resides in Kelowna, BC with his wife. 
- Olympic Gold Medallist Ross Rebagliati on Q TV. Q TV. January 28, 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-01.
- "Ross Rebagliati’s Liberal candidacy goes up in smoke". The Globe and Mail. November 19, 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- "Ross Rebagliati to seek Liberal nomination in B.C.". CTV News. October 23, 2009. Retrieved 2010-03-01.
- "Rebagliati looking to expand brand into U.S. marijuana markets". Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Rules change on Olympic marijuana testing". USA TODAY. 17 July 2013.
- "Ross Rebagliati Marijuana Store: Olympic Medallist To Open Medical Dispensary". The Huffington Post. 23 January 2013.
- "Home - q - CBC Radio". 1 December 2015. Archived from the original on October 5, 2013.
- "Ross Rebagliati's border-crossing experience doesn't bode well for Rob Ford". Toronto Sun.
- "Ross Rebagliati: The High Times Interview". High Times.
- "Green and Hill Industries Files RTO with "Ross' Gold" Medical Marijuana to Trade under the Symbol GHIL". Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "Ross' Gold(TM) to Launch Its Line of Premium Glass Smoking Products at the Toronto 420 Rally". Yahoo Finance. 8 April 2015.
- "Ross' Gold Signs Licensing Agreement With Canna Products USA Inc. for Line of Hemp and CBD Products to Be Sold Both Online and Through Retail Outlets". Yahoo Finance. 28 January 2015.
- "Olympian Ross Rebagliati hopes new Liberal government will legalize marijuana". 23 October 2015.
- "Ross' Gold team". 21 January 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ross Rebagliati.|
- Ross Rebagliati's Official Website
- Ross Rebagliati's Facebook
- Ross Rebagliati's Corporate Website Ross' Gold
- Ross' Gold Twitter Account