Rossford High School
|Rossford High School|
701 Superior Street
|School district||Rossford Exempted Village School District|
|Teaching staff||30.00 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||14.53|
|Color(s)||Maroon and gray|
|Athletics conference||Northern Buckeye Conference|
Rossford High School is a public high school in Rossford, Ohio, United States. It is the only high school in the Rossford Exempted Village School District. The district mainly serves the city of Rossford and also includes parts of the city of Northwood, Perrysburg Township, and Lake Township within Wood County.
The current high school was built in 1922 with its first class graduating in 1924. The George G. Wolfe Field House opened in 1950 to be used for indoor athletic events. In 1957 and 1958 respectively, Rossford absorbed the students that attended the Glenwood Elementary and Lime City Elementary school districts as a means of eliminating such jurisdictions across Ohio. The final addition to the high school was built in 1981.
Starting with the 2018–19 school year, Rossford students will temporarily be housed at Owens Community College while the high school and middle school complex is upgraded, which is expected to be finished by early 2020. The refurbished building will include technological improvements, areas for grades 6–8 and 9–12, and new gymnasiums for both high school and middle school use. It will also retain the original structure from 1922.
|Boys basketball||1966, 1970|
Rossford sports teams are known as the Bulldogs with school colors of maroon and gray. Rossford was one of the founding members of the Northern Lakes League in 1956, but joined the Northern Buckeye Conference in 2011.
At the high school campus, basketball, volleyball, football, and the occasional soccer game are played. Baseball, softball, track & field, and soccer are played at the Glenwood Elementary complex almost 4 miles (6.4 km) south of the main campus.
Rossford's greatest athletic run to date came during the 1960s and 1970s when the Bulldogs secured numerous NLL titles in football, boys basketball, and baseball. Three trips were made to the final four for basketball, which included runner-up finishes in 1966 and 1970 and a semi-final appearance in 1975. Two trips were also made to the Final Four in Baseball in 1957 and 1965 bowing out in the semi-finals 1-0 to Doylestown and 11-2 to Shaker Heights respectively. 
The Rossford football team has made nine appearances in the state playoffs, earning their first win with a come-from-behind victory in the first round of the 2015 Division V playoffs over Norwayne High School.
- Jonathan Bennett, actor
- Madalyn Murray O'Hair, founder of American Atheists 
- Dennis Richmond, former news anchor at KTVU
- Maurice A. Thompson, constitutional lawyer
- "Rossford High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 26, 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Rossford Public Library Digital Collection". Ohio Memory Project. Ohio History Connection. 2018. Retrieved May 10, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- WTOL Staff (February 23, 2018). "Rossford High says fond farewell to school's field house at final b-ball game". WTOL.com. Retrieved May 10, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Braatz, George (August 11, 1967). "Wood County Watching School Districts Vanish". Toledo Blade. Retrieved May 10, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Rossford School District Facilities Committee Meeting" (PDF). Rossford Exempted Village School District. October 19, 2016. Retrieved May 10, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Brown, Kristian (February 21, 2017). "Rossford H.S students to move to Owens Community College". 13 abc WTVG. Retrieved May 10, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Message from Superintendent Creps: Update on District's Facilities". Rossford Exempted Village Schools. 2017. Retrieved May 10, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Skebba, Jay (April 25, 2016). "Rossford puts together building plans". Toledo Blade. Retrieved May 10, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "RHS gym banners". Rossford High School. Missing or empty
- Stumpf, Todd (November 6, 2015). "Rossford rally ends Bobcats' season". The Northern Wayne Post. Retrieved May 10, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- NNDB. "Madalyn Murray O'Hair bio". Retrieved 2006-02-22. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)