|Born||6 January 1975|
Rosshan Andrrews was born to Moolakuzhi Nedumparampil Andrews and Burney, who is an Indian film director in Malayalam cinema. He gained schooling from St. Aloysious Thrissur and college from Cochin College, Eranakulam. Rosshan Andrrews is a Roman catholic.
Roshan is married to Ancy and the couple has three children: Anjelina, Ryan and Ana Bella. Ancy is the only sister of music director Mejo Joseph, who made his film debut in Rosshan Andrrews's Notebook.
His first movie was the 2005 Malayalam movie Udayananu Tharam starring Mohanlal and Meena. After the success of this movie, Rosshan Andrrews directed another movie in 2006 named Notebook. This movie had newcomers Mariya Roy, Parvathy, Roma and Skanda Ashok in the lead roles.
His next movie was the 2010 hit Evidam Swargamanu, scripted by James Albert with Mohanlal in the lead role. Following this he directed the Mohanlal-starrer Cassanova, a movie highly anticipated amongst Mohanlal fans which was released on 26 January 2012. The budget of the film was 210 million, an expensive amount relative to the average budget for Malayalam movies.
He won the Pride of Cochin College Award for the year 2014.
- 2005 - Kerala State Film Award for Best Debut Director - Udayananu Tharam
- 2006 - Kerala State Film Award for Second Best Film - Notebook
- 2008 - Kerala State Film Award for Best Popular Film - Evidam Swargamanu
|2014||How Old Are You||Story|
Second Unit Director or Assistant Director
|1997||Hitler Brothers||Assistant Director as Roshan N. A.|
|1998||Ayal Kadha Ezhuthukayanu||Assistant Director as Roshan|
- Television shows as judge
Rosshan Andrrews is noted for his particular association with certain actors or technicians in his films.
|Films||Mohanlal||Bobby-Sanjay||Gopi Sunder||R. Diwakar||Mahesh Narayanan||Ranjan Abraham||Sreekar Prasad||Binod Pradhan||Nirav Shah|
|Udayananu Tharam (2005)|
|Evidam Swargamanu (2009)|
|Mumbai Police (2013)|
|How Old Are You (2014)|
|Kayamkulam Kochunni (2018)|
- "The science of letters".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 13 December 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2013.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Kumar, P. K. Ajith (4 June 2015). "Spreading his wings: Rosshan Andrrews" – via www.thehindu.com.
- PILLAI, SREEDHAR (20 May 2005). "The Mohanlal effect". The Hindu. Retrieved 3 April 2009.
- "Cinema within CINEMA". The Hindu. 17 January 2005. Retrieved 3 April 2009.
- "Season's specials". The Hindu. 22 December 2006. Retrieved 3 April 2009.
- "Mixed response to Christmas releases". The Hindu. 26 December 2006. Retrieved 3 April 2009.
- da Cunha, Uma. "Mumbai's twin city Stuttgart hosts. The Bollywood and Beyond Film Festival". Screen Weekly. Retrieved 3 April 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 15 December 2013. Retrieved 15 December 2013.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)