|Fleet size||27 Commercial
|Parent company||Aeroflot (75%)|
|Headquarters||Saint Petersburg, Russia|
Sergey Belov (General Director)
Rossiya Airlines OJSC (Russian: ОАО «Авиакомпания „Россия“», OAO Aviakompaniya "Rossiya"), operating as Rossiya — Russian Airlines (Russian: «Россия — Российские авиалинии», Rossiya — Rossiyskie avialinii) is a secondary national airline with its head office in Saint Petersburg, Russia, resulting from the 2006 merger of the Moscow-based company of the same name and Saint Petersburg-based Pulkovo Aviation Enterprise. The airline operates scheduled and charter passenger flights from Saint Petersburg and Moscow, and VIP flights on behalf of the Russian government, including the operation of the Russian presidential aircraft fleet for the President of Russia. Rossiya maintains an operational base at Pulkovo Airport in Saint Petersburg.
The airline was established in 1992 and is wholly owned by the Russian government. In 2006 the Russian government merged Rossiya Airlines with Pulkovo Aviation Enterprise and on October 29 the new airline started flying under the name Rossiya. The merger process began in December 2004. In November 2006 it was announced that the merger had been completed and Rossiya Airlines was registered in Saint Petersburg on 9 October 2006 and has a branch in Moscow and 54 offices in Russia and abroad.
Merger with Aeroflot
In February 2010, the Russian government announced that all regional airlines owned by the state through the holding company 'Rostechnologii' would be consolidated with the national carrier Aeroflot in order to increase the airlines' financial viability. The airline will operate flights under Aeroflot's "SU" effective 30 March 2014.
Arising from the merger with Pulkovo Airlines, the bulk of the scheduled service operation is from Russia's second-largest city, St Petersburg, where Pulkovo was the dominant airline, and Rossiya continues to be. Operations based in Moscow are predominantly non-scheduled ones for state organisations, or flights operated on behalf of Aeroflot; Rossiya continues Pulkovo's lead role on the Moscow-St Petersburg route.
Rossiya has codeshare agreements with the following airlines:
- (Russian) Federal State Unitary Enterprise "State Air Traffic Management Corporation", Airline Reference, Vol. 1, Russian Federation, 1 June 2007, p. 370
- "STC Russia." Rossiya. Retrieved on 29 June 2010. "Rossiya is located in St. Petersburg..." and "Petersburg: Nevsky pr., 61." – "ГТК "Россия"." – Address in Russian: Санкт-Петербург: Невский пр., 61
- Flight International 12–18 April 2005
- UzReport retrieved 25 November 2006
- "Russia to corporatize Rossiya air carrier, merge with Aeroflot | Business | RIA Novosti". En.rian.ru. 2010-02-02. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- "Rossiya Airlines to operate flights under Aeroflot's SU code". Air Transport World. 14 January 2014. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "AeroTransport Data Bank". Aerotransport.org. 2013-01-29. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- Rossiya. "Rossiya fleet list at ch-aviation.ch. Retrieved 2010-01-09". Ch-aviation.ch. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- "Россия – российские авиалинии". Pulkovo.ru. 2007-07-25. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- Rossiya Fleet at planespotters.net
- [dead link]
- "Rossiya Russian Airlines (ATDB)". Aerotransport.org. 2013-01-29. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- "page for Russia's government A319's". Planespotters.net. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rossiya - Russian Airlines.|