|Frequent-flyer program||Aeroflot Bonus|
|Parent company||Aeroflot (75%)|
|Headquarters||Saint Petersburg, Russia|
|Key people||Dmitrii Saprykin, CEO|
Rossiya Airlines OJSC (Russian: АО «Авиакомпания „Россия“», AO Aviakompaniya "Rossiya"), sometimes branded as Rossiya - Russian Airlines (Russian: «Россия — Российские авиалинии», Rossiya — Rossiyskie avialinii), is a Russian airline headquartered in Saint Petersburg with its hub at Pulkovo Airport. It is predominantly owned by Aeroflot and serves domestic and some European destinations.
The airline was established in 1992 and is wholly owned by the Russian government. In 2006 the Russian government merged Rossiya Airlines with Pulkovo Aviation Enterprise and on October 29 the new airline started flying under the name Rossiya. The merger process began in December 2004. In November 2006 it was announced that the merger had been completed and Rossiya Airlines was registered in Saint Petersburg on 9 October 2006 and has a branch in Moscow and 54 offices in Russia and abroad.
Merger with Aeroflot
In February 2010, the Russian government announced that all regional airlines owned by the state through the holding company 'Rostechnologii' would be consolidated with the national carrier Aeroflot in order to increase the airlines' financial viability. The airline has operated flights under Aeroflot's "SU" since 30 March 2014.
In December 2015 Aeroflot Group announced the unification of its regional airline affiliates Rossiya, Donavia (based at Rostov-on-Don Airport) and Orenair (with hubs at Orenburg Tsentralny Airport and Moscow's Domodedovo International Airport) under the name Rossiya (the name of the largest of the three). The consolidation excluded Aurora, a small airline headquartered in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk. Rossiya, Donavia and Orenair served 48 domestic and 42 international destinations; the new Rossiya will add some destinations served by Transaero Airlines prior to its collapse in October. In May 2016 the merger of the three airlines was completed.
Arising from the merger with Pulkovo Airlines, the bulk of the scheduled service operation is from Russia's second-largest city, St Petersburg, where Pulkovo was the dominant airline, and Rossiya continues to be. Operations based in Moscow are predominantly non-scheduled ones for state organisations, or flights operated on behalf of Aeroflot; Rossiya continues Pulkovo's lead role on the Moscow-St Petersburg route.
Rossiya has codeshare agreements with the following airlines:
- Aeroflot (SkyTeam)
- Air Astana
- Air France (SkyTeam)
- Air Moldova
- Austrian Airlines (Star Alliance)
- Czech Airlines (SkyTeam)
- Finnair (Oneworld)
- Hainan Airlines
- Iberia (Oneworld)
- KLM (SkyTeam)
- Korean Air (SkyTeam)
- LOT Polish Airlines (Star Alliance)
- Norwegian Air Shuttle
- Scandinavian Airlines (Star Alliance)
- Swiss International Air Lines (Star Alliance)
|Boeing 747-400||7||2||38||409||447||taken over from Transaero|
|Sukhoi Superjet 100||—||20||TBA||to be transferred from Aeroflot|
- (Russian) Federal State Unitary Enterprise "State Air Traffic Management Corporation", Airline Reference, Vol. 1, Russian Federation, 1 June 2007, p. 370
- rossiya-airlines.com - About us retrieved 2016-09-19
- "STC Russia." Rossiya. Retrieved on 29 June 2010. "Rossiya is located in St. Petersburg..." and "Petersburg: Pilotov str., 18/4." – "ГТК "Россия"." – Address in Russian: Санкт-Петербург: ул. Пилотов, 18/4
- Flight International 12–18 April 2005
- UzReport retrieved 25 November 2006
- "Russia to corporatize Rossiya air carrier, merge with Aeroflot | Business | RIA Novosti". En.rian.ru. 2010-02-02. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- "Rossiya Airlines to operate flights under Aeroflot's SU code". Air Transport World. 14 January 2014. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Federal State Unitary Enterprise "State Air Traffic Management Corporation", Airline Reference, Vol. 1, Russian Federation, 20 February 2007, p. 122
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-10. p. 59.
- "Contacts." Aurora. Retrieved on 16 July 2016. "693023, Russia, Sakhalin, Yuzhno-Sakhalisnk, Gorkogo Str. 50-а" - Address in Russian: "693023, Россия, Сахалинская область, г. Южно-Сахалинск, ул. Горького д. 50-а"
- "AeroTransport Data Bank". Aerotransport.org. 2013-01-29. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- Rossiya. "Rossiya fleet list at ch-aviation.com. Retrieved 2015-12-16". Ch-aviation.ch. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "Россия – российские авиалинии". Pulkovo.ru. 2007-07-25. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
Media related to Rossiya - Russian Airlines at Wikimedia Commons