|Population||1,600 (2011 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Townsville|
Rosslea is bounded to the east and south by the Ross River. The suburb is very flat (approx 5m above sea level). The eastern half of the suburb is occupied by the Townsville Golf Club. The rest of the suburb is residential. Being low-lying on a river, Rosslea can be affected by flooding, mostly in the golf club area.
The name "Rosslea" is a combination of "Ross" (representing the Ross River) and "lea", the Old English word for a grassy meadow.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Rosslea". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- "Rosslea (entry 44636)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- "Ross River Flood Study: Base-line flooding assessment" (PDF). Townsville City Council. 4 April 2013. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Branch Locations". Queensland Country Women's Association. Retrieved 26 December 2018.