Rostock astronomical clock
Jump to navigation Jump to search
History and description
- Top: Apostle-go-round giving an hourly performance of the apostles crossing before Jesus for a blessing before entry into eternal bliss, and the last, Judas, is shut out 
- Middle: Clock with daily time, zodiac, moon phases, and month;
- Bottom: Calendar, which is valid until 2150 (with beginning of 2018 this table replaced the 4th, which lasted from 1885 to 2017). 
The medieval clock is the only one of its kind still in working condition with its original clockworks.
- Europe on a shoestring. Vivek Wagle. 2003. ISBN 1740593146
- "Wernermunde, Germany - Rostock, Germany Travel Blog". Travelpod.com. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "THE ASTRONOMICAL CLOCK OF THE ST.-MARIEN-KIRCHE IN ROSTOCK" (PDF). www.astronomischeuhr.de.