Rotenboden railway station
|Elevation||2,815 m (9,236 ft)|
|Opened||20 August 1898|
Rotenboden is a railway station on the Gornergrat railway, a rack railway which links the resort of Zermatt with the summit of the Gornergrat. The station is situated west of the Gornergrat, in the Swiss municipality of Zermatt and canton of Valais. At an altitude of 2,815 m (9,236 ft) above mean sea level, it is the second highest open-air railway station in Europe, after the Gornergrat railway station, on the same line.
- "Fahrplan Zermatt - Gornergrat (28.04.2014 - 06.06.2014)" [Timetable Zermatt - Gornergrat (28.04.2014 - 06.06.2014)] (in German). Gornergratbahn. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- "Betriebsdaten" [Operating data] (in German). Gornergratbahn. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- map.geo.admin.ch (Map). Swiss Confederation. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- "The Walking Guide - Rotenboden to the Monte Rosa Hut". ski-zermatt.com. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- Media related to Rotenboden railway station at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a railway station in Switzerland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|