Roto North America
|Industry||Window and Door Hardware Manufacturing|
|Chris Dimou (President and CEO), Patrick Kampermann (Director of Finance), Dan Gray (Director of Sales), Adrian Steenson (Director of Operations), Juergen Schairer (Director of Product Innovation and Sales Engineering)|
Roto North America is a window/door hardware manufacturing and distribution company that comprises Roto Frank of America, Inc. based in Chester, Connecticut, US and Roto Fasco Canada Inc. based in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Roto Frank of America, Inc. and Roto Fasco Canada, Inc. are wholly owned subsidiaries of Roto AG, headquartered in Germany.
Roto Frank of America, Inc. was founded in Chester, Connecticut in 1979 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Roto Frank AG; headquartered in Germany, with 18 production plants and more than 40 subsidiaries globally.
Roto Frank of America, Inc. began manufacturing roof windows and distributing Tilt&Turn hardware. Later on, the company realized the great potential that existed in the window and door hardware market expanding its products towards the North American market. . This led to the establishment of Roto Hardware Systems which started developing its own line of North American specific products, including X-Drive casement window operators, window locking systems, window hinges and sash locks. Roto Frank of America, Inc. has been an integral part of Connecticut’s manufacturing industry for 40 years. Roto Frank of America, Inc. is represented on the Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors by President and CEO Chris Dimou. He has also been elected to the Connecticut Invention Convention (CIC) Board of Directors. CIC is an educational organization that is designed to develop, encourage, and enhance creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills through invention, innovation and entrepreneurship.
Roto Fasco Canada; Inc. was established in 1956 as Fasco Diecast Metals in Mississauga, Ontario. The company was acquired in 2012 by Roto AG and operated by Roto North America. It is now known as Roto Fasco Canada, Inc., a producer of sliding patio door and cam lock hardware for residential and commercial window and door markets throughout North America.
The Roto Group now has a presence in over 40 countries with over 4900 employees. In January 2016, The Roto AG Group continued its expansion of its global window and door technology market with the acquisition of the Deventer Group; a global building materials supplier. It also acquired the industrial division of the Danish hardware manufacturer Peder Nielsen, a supplier of hardware for outward-opening windows of the type mainly found in Scandinavia and also in Great Britain.
In June 2017, the Roto Group acquired Union Ltd., a manufacturer based near Shanghai, China to help strengthen and expand its door and window technology division.
On November 1, 2017 Roto Frank AG acquired Wollenberg GmbH, a company that offers services for subsequently improving windows and doors.
Products and services
Roto North America; through its two companies; Roto Frank of America, Inc. and Roto Fasco Canada, Inc., manufactures and offers a variety of North American and European window and door hardware products.
- "Roto Frank Of America Of Chester, Reports Record Sales Growth". courant. 29 January 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto President Discusses Fasco Purchase". glass.com. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto Frank of America Presents Employee Donation Check to American Red Cross CT Chapter". courant.com. 29 January 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Congressman Joe Courtney Visits Roto Frank of America". courant.com. 13 April 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto North America Adds New Management Team Member". DWM Magazine. 6 January 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto Frank of America's Chris Griffin Named to Window Safety Task Force". courant.com. 9 March 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto Frank of America Celebrates 40 Years". Roto North America. Retrieved 10 May 2019.
- "Manufacturer Celebrates 40 Years". 6 May 2019. Retrieved 10 May 2019.
- "Roto Fasco Canada at Windoor 2015". fenestrationreview.com. 26 November 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Larry, McHugh. "Chamber Corner: Powder Ridge eateries closure hampers economic development". middletownpress.com. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto AG Acquires Fasco". valleynewsnow.com. 6 June 2012. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto Frank Announces Management Changes in the Americas". windowanddoor.com. 27 October 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto Frank of America Celebrates 35th Anniversary". windowanddoor.com. 7 July 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto Frank Reorganizes Business Regions under Dimou". windowanddoor.com. 8 October 2013. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Trey, Barrineau (1 February 2015). "Automated for the People". glass.com. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto AG Acquires Deventer Group". windowanddoor.com. 21 October 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "New Roto Acquisition". lasm.co.uk. 14 January 2016. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto announces Peder Nielsen acquisition". focus-on-roto.eu. 13 January 2016. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto Frank Acquires Union Ltd". DWM Magazine. June 20, 2017. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "Roto Frank of America Hosts Manufacturer's Meeting at Chester HQ". valleynewsnow.com. 5 June 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto Frank of America Works with University of Connecticut". dwmmag.com. 28 September 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "CT State Senator and State Representative Join in 35 Year Celebration in Chester". valleynewsnow.com. 12 December 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "DWM Magazine". ftt.roto-frank.com. Retrieved 21 January 2016.