Roto North America
|Industry||Window and Door Hardware Manufacturing|
|Chris Dimou (President and CEO), Debra Keever (Vice President and CFO), Dan Gray (Director of Sales), Adrian Steenson (Director of Operations)|
Roto North America is a window/door hardware manufacturing and distribution company that comprises Roto Frank of America, Inc. based in Chester, Connecticut, US and Roto Fasco Canada Inc. based in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Roto Frank of America, Inc. and Roto Fasco Canada, Inc. are wholly owned subsidiaries of Roto AG, headquartered in Germany.
Roto Frank of America, Inc. was founded in Chester, Connecticut in 1979 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Roto AG; headquartered in Germany, with 17 production plants and 40 subsidiaries globally.
After gaining experience and recognition in the building industry, the company began manufacturing roof windows and distributing Tilt&Turn hardware. Later on, the company realized the great potential that existed in the window and door hardware market. This led to the establishment of Roto Hardware Systems which started developing its own line of North American specific products, including X-Drive casement window operators, window locking systems, window hinges and sash locks. Roto Frank of America, Inc. has been an integral part of Connecticut’s manufacturing industry for over 36 years. Roto Frank of America, Inc. is represented on the Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors by President and CEO Chris Dimou. He has also been elected to the Connecticut Invention Convention (CIC) Board of Directors. CIC is an award winning, internationally recognized, 501(c)(3) educational organization that is designed to develop, encourage, and enhance creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills through invention, innovation and entrepreneurship.
Roto Fasco Canada; Inc. was established in 1956 as Fasco Diecast Metals in Mississauga, Ontario. The company was acquired in 2012 by Roto AG and operated by Roto North America. It is now known as Roto Fasco Canada, Inc., a leading producer of high quality sliding patio door and cam lock hardware for residential and commercial window and door markets throughout North America.
Chris Dimou has served as President and CEO of Roto Frank of America, Inc. since 2009 and President and CEO of Roto Fasco Canada, Inc. since it was acquired by the Roto Group in 2012.
The Roto Group now has a presence in over 40 countries with over 4400 employees. In January 2016, The Roto AG Group continued its expansion of its global window and door technology market with the acquisition of the Deventer Group; a global building materials supplier. It also acquired the industrial division of the Danish hardware manufacturer Peder Nielsen, a well-established supplier of hardware systems for outward-opening windows of the type mainly found in Scandinavia and also in Great Britain.
In June 2017, the Roto Group acquired Union Ltd., a manufacturer based near Shanghai, China to help strengthen and expand its door and window technology division.
On November 1, 2017 Roto Frank AG acquired Wollenberg GmbH, a company that offers services for subsequently improving windows and doors.
Products and services
Roto North America; through its two companies; Roto Frank of America, Inc. and Roto Fasco Canada, Inc., manufactures and offers a variety of leading North American and European window and door hardware products.
- Turnaround Performance Award – February 2012. In February 2012, Roto Frank of America, Inc. was recognized with a special “Turnaround Performance Award” from its parent company Roto Frank AG. The Turnaround Performance Award, which is given by Roto Frank AG on the occasion that a Roto Group Company makes dramatic improvements. The Executive Board recognized significant progress in the areas of strategy, market approach, sales, cost structure, inventory, and change management.
- Best-Performing Market - 2016. In January 2016, Roto North America received the award for “Best Performing Market” of the Roto Group's Window and Door division in 2015. The award was announced by Dr. Eckhard Keill, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board for Roto Frank AG, at the Roto Group’s Leadership Conference held mid-January in Spain. Roto North America continued its extraordinary growth during 2015 and has achieved a consistent remarkable growth since 2010.
- 2016 Customer Value Champion Award - January 2017. In January 2017, Roto North America received the “2016 Customer Value Champion” award from the international Roto Group. The prestigious award was presented by Dr. Eckhard Keill, CEO and Chairman of the Board for Roto Frank AG, at the January Roto Group Leadership Conference held in Munich, Germany. The Customer Value Champion award measures the long term performance and development of a company in the marketplace, based on an independently performed customer value analysis. Roto North America was recognized for significantly improving its customer value position in the market between 2008-2016.
- "Roto Frank Of America Of Chester, Reports Record Sales Growth". courant. 29 January 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto President Discusses Fasco Purchase". glass.com. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto Frank of America Presents Employee Donation Check to American Red Cross CT Chapter". courant.com. 29 January 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Congressman Joe Courtney Visits Roto Frank of America". courant.com. 13 April 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto North America Adds New Management Team Member". DWM Magazine. 6 January 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto Frank of America's Chris Griffin Named to Window Safety Task Force". courant.com. 9 March 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto Fasco Canada at Windoor 2015". fenestrationreview.com. 26 November 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Larry, McHugh. "Chamber Corner: Powder Ridge eateries closure hampers economic development". middletownpress.com. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto AG Acquires Fasco". valleynewsnow.com. 6 June 2012. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto Frank Announces Management Changes in the Americas". windowanddoor.com. 27 October 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto Frank Reorganizes Business Regions under Dimou". windowanddoor.com. 8 October 2013. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto Frank of America Celebrates 35th Anniversary". windowanddoor.com. 7 July 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Trey, Barrineau (1 February 2015). "Automated for the People". glass.com. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto AG Acquires Deventer Group". windowanddoor.com. 21 October 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "New Roto Acquisition". lasm.co.uk. 14 January 2016. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto announces Peder Nielsen acquisition". focus-on-roto.eu. 13 January 2016. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto Frank Acquires Union Ltd". DWM Magazine. June 20, 2017. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "Roto Frank of America Hosts Manufacturer's Meeting at Chester HQ". valleynewsnow.com. 5 June 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto Frank of America Works with University of Connecticut". dwmmag.com. 28 September 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "CT State Senator and State Representative Join in 35 Year Celebration in Chester". valleynewsnow.com. 12 December 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "DWM Magazine". ftt.roto-frank.com. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Roto Frank of America Receives Performance Award from Parent Company". dwmmag. 21 February 2012. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Casey, Flores. "Roto Group: North America is our Best-Performing Market". dwmmag.com. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Casey, Flores. "Roto North America Receives Customer Value Award". dwmmag.com. Retrieved 19 January 2017.