|Traded as||LSE: ROR|
|Headquarters||Bath, Somerset, UK|
|Martin Lamb, Chairman
Peter France, CEO
|Revenue||£546.5 million (2015)|
|£104.4 million (2015)|
|£74.9 million (2015)|
Number of employees
The Company was established as a small engineering workshop in Bristol in the 1940s. In 1945 it was acquired by Frenchay Products led by Jeremy Fry. It made its first actuator in 1952. In 1957 Rotork moved to Bath, initially operating from Widcombe Manor, Jeremy Fry’s home, with 12 staff. In 1962 it moved into a new production plant in Newbridge, Bath, which remains the company's headquarters. It was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1968 as Rotork Controls.
In 1999 it bought Fluid System Srl, an Italian actuator business, in 2000 it bought Skilmatic in Leeds and in 2002 it acquired Jordan Controls, a United States actuator business. It started operating in Sweden in 2008 with the purchase of Remote Control.
In 2009 the company acquired Flow-Quip,  and in 2010 Ralph A. Hillier, US-based businesses. In 2011 Rotork Servo Controles de Mexico S.A. de C.V. became fully owned by Rotork after being part-owned since the 1970s. Shortly afterwards Rotork purchased Valco Valves Automation AS, Rotork’s long term sales and service agent in Norway, now renamed Rotork Norway. Rotork acquired K-Tork International Inc., based in Dallas, and Centork Valve Control S.L., a Spanish actuator manufacturer based near San Sebastián.
In 2012 Italian switchbox manufacturer Soldo Srl was added to Rotork Instruments and in 2013 the German actuator manufacturer Schischek was purchased.
Flowco in the UK and Renfro associates in the USA were further acquisitions in 2013, both adding to the company’s service capabilities, and the Italian actuator manufacturer GT Attuatori Srl was also purchased. In 2014 Rotork Instruments acquired Young Tech Co. Ltd. (YTC), a Korean instrumentation manufacturer.
In 2014 Rotork also acquired Xylem Flow Control Limited (XFC), based in Wolverhampton, UK, a leading manufacturer of solenoid valves and instruments under the Midland-ACS, Alcon Solenoid Valves and Landon Kingsway brands for £18 million.
At the beginning of 2015 Rotork acquired part of Omas Teknik,  its sales and service agent in Turkey. M&M International Srl,  and Bifold Group were acquired in 2015 to further strengthen Rotork’s Instruments division.
The company is a designer and manufacturer of industrial flow control products encompassing valve actuators, gearboxes, control systems, instrumentation and accessories. It is organised into the following businesses: Rotork Controls, Rotork Fluid Systems, Rotork Gears, Rotork Instruments. Rotork Site Services supports all these divisions.
- "Annual Report 2015". Rotork. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "Rotork: Careers". rotork.com. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- Rotork Joins The Watch List Motley Fool, 14 August 2003
- 50 years in control 1957-2007 (Report). Rotork. 2007. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- "ROTORK PLC ORD 5P - London Stock Exchange". londonstockexchange.com. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Profile of the International Valve Industry". google.co.uk. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Rotork acquires Remote Control Sweden Waste and Watewater, 28 February 2008
- Rotork buys Flow-Quip Controls for $8m IB Times, 9 November 2009
- Rotork acquires Ralph A. Hillier Company VMA, 24 May 2010
- Rotork Acquires Servo Controles de Mexico S.A. de C.V.
- "Rotork purchases Valco Valves Automation AS". valvezone.com. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Rotork Acquires K-Tork International Inc. and Centork Valve Control S.L.
- "Rotork buys US power-tools firm Fairchild for $76M". Marketwatch. 18 November 2011. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Rotork buys Prokits". Business Desk. 1 December 2011. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Rotork posts record order book of £208m". Water Briefing. 6 August 2013. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Rotork acquires GTA Group". Automation. 7 October 2013. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Rotork Acquires YTC for $107 Million". Control Design. 4 March 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Rotork Acquires Xylem Flow Control For £18 Mln". RTT News. 7 February 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- "Rotork: Mergers and Acquisitions". Retrieved 19 July 2016.
- "Solenoid valves acquisition boost Rotork’s portfolio". Gas World. Retrieved 19 July 2016.
- "Bifold bought by Rotork for £125m". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 19 July 2016.