Rotorua Girls' High School
|Rotorua Girls' High School|
251 Old Taupo Road
|Type||State Single sex girls secondary (Year 9-13)|
|Motto||Empowering Young Women|
|Ministry of Education Institution no.||153|
|School roll||549 (March 2019)|
Rotorua Girls' High School was formed in 1959 after Rotorua High School, founded in 1927, was divided into Rotorua Boys' High School and Rotorua Girls'. Rotorua Boys' kept the original site, and the Rotorua Girls' was given a new site further down Old Taupo Road.
The current principal is Mrs Ally Gibbons.
The three houses of Rotorua Girls' High School are named after Maori women.
- Nina Hogan 1959-1967
- Sheila Peacocke 1967-1984
- Alison Thomson 1985-1997
- Annette Joyce 1997-2013
- Ally Gibbons 2013-2018
- Sarah Davis 2019-Present
- "Directory of Schools - as at 3 April 2019". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- "Decile Change 2014 to 2015 for State & State Integrated Schools". Ministry of Education. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- "History". Rotorua Girls' High School. Archived from the original on 2009-02-20. Retrieved 2009-02-15.
- "Principal's Message". Rotorua Girls' High School. 22 February 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 26, 2010. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- "Rotorua Girls High School Prospectus" (PDF). Rotorua Girls' High School. p. 19. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rotorua Girls' High School.|