This article does not cite any sources. (July 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Author||R. L. Stine|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover, paperback)|
Rotten School is a children's book series by R. L. Stine concerning the adventures of children at a boarding school. Each book is written from the perspective of Bernie Bridges, a fourth-grader who lives in his dormitory at Rotten School with his pals Feenman, Crench, Belzer, Beast, Chipmunk, Nosebleed, Billy The Brain and others. Their rivals are Sherman Oaks, a rich spoiled brat, and his buddies Wes Updood and Joe Sweety, from the Nyce House dormitory. Bernie has a crush on a girl by the name of April–May June. Bernie tries to earn money by many means, by selling stuff, stealing from his friends and making bets. Unlike R. L. Stine's other works, Rotten School does not contain themes of horror.
R.L Stine's Books
- The Big Blueberry Barf-Off! (June 2005, ISBN 0-06-078586-1)
- The Great Smelling Bee (June 2005, ISBN 0-06-078589-6)
- The Good, the Bad and the Very Slimy (September 2005, ISBN 0-06-078592-6)
- Lose, Team, Lose! (December 2005, ISBN 0-06-078808-9)
- Shake, Rattle, and Hurl! (February 2006, ISBN 0-06-078811-9)
- The Heinie Prize (April 2006, ISBN 0-06-078814-3)
- Dudes, the School is Haunted! (June 2006, ISBN 0-06-078817-8)
- The Teacher From Heck (August 2006, ISBN 0-06-078821-6 )
- Party Poopers (November 2006, ISBN 0-06-078824-0)
- The Rottenest Angel (January 2007, ISBN 0-06-078827-5)
- Punk'd and Skunked (March 2007, ISBN 0-06-078830-5)
- Battle of the Dum Diddys (April 2007, ISBN 0-06-078833-X)
- Got Cake? (June 2007, ISBN 0-06-123269-6)
- Night of the Creepy Things (August 2007, ISBN 0-06-123272-6)
- Calling All Birdbrains (October 2007, ISBN 0-06-123275-0)
- Dumb Clucks (January 2008, ISBN 0-06-123278-5)
Rotten School is different from much of R. L. Stine's other famous series in that it is not a horror series, but rather a light-hearted comedy.
Rotten School movie
At the March 2010 Reading Festival, a boy asked Stine, "Will you be making more Rotten School books?" to which Stine replied saying, "No, but I'm planning on making a Rotten School movie."