|Revised Romanization||Baeuneun Baeuda|
|Directed by||Shin Yeon-shick|
|Produced by||Kim Ki-duk
|Written by||Kim Ki-duk|
|Music by||Gu Bon-woong|
|Edited by||Kim Jung-hoon|
|Distributed by||Next Entertainment World|
Rough Play (Hangul: 배우는 배우다; RR: Baeuneun Baeuda; lit. "An Actor Is an Actor") is a 2013 South Korean film about an actor (played by Lee Joon) who becomes a superstar overnight then hits rock bottom. It is written and executive produced by Kim Ki-duk, and directed by Shin Yeon-shick. It screened at the 18th Busan International Film Festival, and was released in theaters on October 24, 2013.
Oh Young (Lee Joon) is an intense young actor, full of vigor for his chosen field. He currently performs regularly for a small theater company as well as playing minor roles in movies. A manager named Kim Jang-Ho (Seo Bum-Suk) then spots Oh Young on the filming set of a movie. He sees potential in Oh Young and offers to make him a top actor. After signing his contract, Oh Young's role in the movie is rewritten into a major supporting character. Once the movie is released, Oh Young receives praise for his performance and also becomes a burgeoning celebrity. As his popularity rises, Oh Young's life quickly spirals out of control.
- Lee Joon - Oh Young
- Seo Young-hee - Oh Yeon-hee
- Kang Shin-hyo - Woo-geun
- Kyung Sung-hwan - Department head Kim
- Min Ji-woo - Hong Ji-min
- Seo Beom-seok - Kim Jang-ho
- Lee Hwa-shi - Rich madam
- Sung Hong-il - Representative Kang
- Kim In-soo - Director of Rice Cake Hat
- Kim Jung-seok - Director of Moebius
- Lee Hyun-ho - Assistant director of Moebius
- Kim So-yeon - Moebius actress
- Lee Sae-byul - Schoolgirl
- Gi Ju-bong - Theater director
- Oh Kwang-rok - Jo Kang-ho
- Ma Dong-seok - "Tenacious" gang boss
- Yang Dong-geun - Kang Bin
- Kim Hyung-jun - Rookie
- Ahn Sung-ki - Jeonju festival VIP
- Lee Choon-yeon - Jeonju festival VIP
- Ryoo Seung-wan - Jeonju festival VIP
- Kim Kkot-bi - Jeonju festival VIP
- Lee Bit-na - Advertisement Girl
Awards and nominations
|2014||1st Wildflower Film Awards||Best Actor||Lee Joon||Nominated|||
|Best New Actor or Actress||Won|||
|50th Baeksang Arts Awards||Best New Actor||Nominated|
|23rd Buil Film Awards||Best New Actor||Nominated|
- "South Korea Yearly Box Office 2013". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2014-01-06.
- Tae, Sang-joon (26 September 2013). "SHIN Yeon-shick, Director of ROUGH PLAY". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- Lee, Hye-ji (22 January 2013). "Lee Joon's New Movie Cranks Up". TenAsia. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- Noh, Jean (23 January 2013). "Kim Ki-duk produces action thriller Rough Play". Screen International. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- Conran, Pierce (24 January 2013). "KIM Ki-duk Produced ROUGH PLAY Heading for Theaters". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- "Director of Rough Play says "Lee Joon is a Godsend!"". KBS Global. 24 September 2013. Retrieved 2014-01-13.
- Lee, Hye-ji (10 September 2013). "MBLAQ Lee Joon's New Film Invited to Busan Int'l Film Fest". TenAsia. Retrieved 2013-09-13.
- Ho, Stewart (2 November 2012). "MBLAQ's Lee Joon in Discussion to Join Director Kim Ki Duk's Next Feature". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- Sunwoo, Carla (5 November 2012). "Idol singer snapped up by Kim Ki-duk". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- Choi, Shin-ae (17 October 2013). "Lee Joon Wants Stars in Need of a Reality Check to Watch His Movie". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- "MBLAQ's Lee Joon Sheds Boy Band Image for Tough Guy Role". The Chosun Ilbo. 2 November 2013. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- Jeon, Su-mi (23 November 2012). "Kim Hyung Jun Cast for Kim Ki Duk Film Actors are Actors". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "Wildflower Film Awards". Koreanfilm.org. 10 February 2014. Retrieved 2014-04-04.
- Kim, Hee-eun (4 April 2014). "Lee Joon wins first film award". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-04-04.
- Official website (in Korean)
- Rough Play at the Korean Movie Database
- Rough Play on IMDb
- Rough Play at HanCinema
|This South Korean film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|