Round Rock, Arizona
|Round Rock, Arizona|
Location in Apache County and the state of Arizona
|• Total||14.35 sq mi (37.16 km2)|
|• Land||14.25 sq mi (36.91 km2)|
|• Water||0.10 sq mi (0.25 km2)|
|Elevation||5,350 ft (1,631 m)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||0024590|
Round Rock is located at (36.496871, -109.458055).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 14.4 square miles (37.2 km2), of which 14.2 square miles (36.9 km2) is land and 0.12 square miles (0.3 km2), or 0.68%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 601 people, 144 households, and 127 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 42.7 people per square mile (16.5/km²). There were 242 housing units at an average density of 17.2/sq mi (6.6/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 99.67% Native American, 0.17% White, and 0.17% from other races. 0.17% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 144 households out of which 56.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.9% were married couples living together, 29.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 11.8% were non-families. 10.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 4.17 and the average family size was 4.57.
In the CDP, the age distribution of the population shows 44.3% under the age of 18, 12.1% from 18 to 24, 23.0% from 25 to 44, 13.6% from 45 to 64, and 7.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 21 years. For every 100 females there were 94.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 81.1 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $16,328, and the median income for a family was $20,833. Males had a median income of $31,250 versus $21,250 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $4,688. About 51.9% of families and 57.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 48.7% of those under age 18 and 64.7% of those age 65 or over.
The area is a part of the Red Mesa Unified School District.
The city is served by Round Rock K-8 School and Red Mesa High School.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 18, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Round Rock CDP, Arizona". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved April 30, 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "History of Red Mesa Schools." Red Mesa Unified School District. Retrieved on September 20, 2010.