Round Rock High School
|Round Rock High School|
201 Deep Wood Drive
Round Rock, Texas
|School district||Round Rock Independent School District|
|Enrollment||3,201 (as of 2016-17)|
|Student to teacher ratio||15.2:1|
|Color(s)||Maroon & White|
Round Rock received national attention for its 1994-95 yearbook, believed to be the first ever released in CD-ROM format. The yearbook contained 2,000 photographs, 25 minutes of video and 20 minutes of audio material.
The Computer Science team won the 5A State Championship in 1998.
The Round Rock High School Drumline has won the statewide Lonestar Drumline Competition twice, first in 2007 and again in 2008, beating the next best competitor by at least 1.5 points out of 100 each time. They also won two state championships in the TCGC State Indoor Drumline Competition Marching Open Class: once in March 2009, and again in March 2010.
- Jeffrey S. Boyd (1961-), associate justice of the Texas Supreme Court
- John Danks (1985-), starting pitcher for the Chicago White Sox
- Ryan Langerhans (1980-), outfielder with Toronto Blue Jays
- Brian Gordon (1980-), former outfielder, starting pitcher for the New York Yankees
- Jordan Danks (1986-), outfielder for the Chicago White Sox
- John Henson (basketball) (1990-), center for the Cleveland Cavaliers
- School data for Round Rock H S, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Diana Dworin. "Rapid growth tests high schools - Growth tests Round Rock High School". Austin American-Statesman. 1997-06-19.
- Matt Schwartz. "High School Annuals Move to Multimedia - CD-ROMs bring readers action of the year". Christian Science Monitor. 1996-01-04.
- "High school yearbook goes high-tech". Associated Press. 1995-11-08.
- Dwight Silverman. "Yearbook to CD-ROM". The Tampa Tribune. 1995-11-17.
- 1996-1997 5A Baseball State Results, University Interscholastic League. Accessed June 7, 2017.
- UIL State Champion Archives Archived March 4, 2016, at the Wayback Machine
- (PDF) https://web.archive.org/web/20090219150357/http://marcusdrumline.org/documents/lonestar%202008/Lonestar%202008%20Standstill%20Div%20Ipdf.pdf. Archived from the original (PDF) on February 19, 2009. Retrieved February 9, 2009. Missing or empty
- [dead link]
- https://web.archive.org/web/20081015165719/http://www.marcusdrumline.org/2007results.html. Archived from the original on October 15, 2008. Retrieved February 9, 2009. Missing or empty
-  Archived January 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-12-21. Retrieved 2015-01-29.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Danny Davis. "Diamonds are for her brothers, but Danks also a gem" Archived November 28, 2007, at the Wayback Machine, Austin American-Statesman, October 30, 2007. "John Danks, who graduated in 2003, just finished his first complete season as a starting pitcher for the Chicago White Sox."
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2013-05-16.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link), Rotoworld. Accessed May 23rd, 2013.