From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up roundhouse in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A roundhouse is a building used by railroads for servicing locomotives.
Roundhouse may also refer to:
- Roundhouse, a common description for the round buildings using the Panopticon cell layout for a prison or other type of confining institution
- Atlantic roundhouse, an Iron Age stone building found in the northern and western parts of mainland Scotland, the Northern Isles and the Hebrides
- Round-house (lock-up), a small prison
- Roundhouse (dwelling), a kind of house with circular walls, constructed during both the Iron Age and later, found in many areas of the world.
- Gin gang or roundhouse, an extension to a threshing barn
- Roundhouse, the substructure of a post mill which encloses the trestle and forms a storage facility
- Round House, an historic structure in Fremantle, Western Australia, originally use as a jail
- The Roundhouse, an entertainment venue at the University of New South Wales; See UNSW Venues
- The Broadmeadow roundhouse, at the Broadmeadow Locomotive Depot
- The Goulburn roundhouse, at the Goulburn Rail Heritage Centre
- The Valley Heights roundhouse, at the Valley Heights Locomotive Depot Heritage Museum
- Dagenham Roundhouse, a pub and venue in East London
- Horton Rounds, a Grade II listed house in Northamptonshire, England, sometimes referred to as the Round House
- Roundhouse (venue), an entertainment venue in Chalk Farm, London, England
- St Giles's Roundhouse, a prison in London, England
- That Roundhouse, a private dwelling within the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park in Wales
- The Round House, a Georgian villa in outer London
- The Round House, Stanton Drew, an old toll house in Somerset
- Charles Koch Arena, Wichita, Kansas
- McKenzie Arena, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- New Mexico State Capitol, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Philadelphia Police Department's headquarters in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Roundhouse kick, a martial arts technique
- Roundhouse (periodical), a magazine publication by the New South Wales Rail Transport Museum
- Roundhouse Railroad Museum, in Savannah, Georgia, United States
- Roundhouse (TV series), a Nickelodeon television show
- The Round House (novel), a 2011 prize-winning novel by Louise Erdrich
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Roundhouse.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.