|Developer(s)||Fred N. van Kempen, Microsoft, ReactOS Contributors|
|Operating system||Unix-like, Microsoft Windows, ReactOS|
route is a command used to view and manipulate the IP routing table in Unix-like and Microsoft Windows operating systems and also in ReactOS. Manual manipulation of the routing table is characteristic of static routing.
In Linux distributions based on 2.2.x Linux kernels, the
route commands are operated together to connect a computer to a network, and to define routes between computer networks. Distributions based on later kernels have deprecated
route, replacing them with
Route for Linux was originally written by Fred N. van Kempen.
- Stanek, William R. Microsoft Windows Command-Line Administrator's Pocket Consultant. ISBN 0-735-62038-5.
- 4.2BSD System Manager's Manual –
- Linux Administration and Privileged Commands Manual –
- FreeBSD System Manager's Manual –
- Solaris 10 System Administration Commands Reference Manual –
- route - on technet.microsoft.com
|This computer networking article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|