Route 11 (Shuto Expressway)
|This article does not cite any sources. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Route 11 (also known as the Daiba Route) is one of the routes of the Shuto Expressway system in the Tokyo area. Route 11 runs from Shibaura Junction (with the Haneda Route) in Minato-ku and runs for 3.9 km through Rainbow Bridge. The Route 11 ends at the Ariake Junction connecting with the Bayshore Route in Kōtō-ku.
Originally, the route number was "12" in the urban planning.
It runs through Rainbow Bridge that is renowned for its beautiful scenery, so sometimes, especially holidays, a high concentration of cars on the bridge causes chronic traffic congestion.
|Minato-ku||Shibaura JCT||Haneda Route||Accessible from outbound only|
|Minato-ku||Shibaura Rest Area||Accessible from inbound only|
|Minato-ku||Daiba||Outbound exit/inbound entrance|
|Kōtō-ku/Minato-ku||Ariake JCT||Bayshore Route|
- The entire expressway opened on August 26, 1993.
Fictions and Games relate to this route
- Wangan Midnight, a manga and anime series based on street racing on the Wangan.
- Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune, an arcade racing game taking place on the Wangan.
- Shutokō Battle (首都高, abbreviation for "Shuto Expressway") is a Genki game based on Wangan racing
- Shutokō Battle series, an arcade Wangan racing game
- In Cars 2, a portion of the Tokyo race goes over the Rainbow Bridge.
|This article relating to the roads and highways in Japan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|