California State Route 218
|Canyon del Rey Road|
Map of Monterey County in western California with SR 218 highlighted in red
|Defined by Streets and Highways Code § 518|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length:||2.850 mi (4.587 km)|
|West end:||SR 1 in Seaside|
|East end:||SR 68 in Del Rey Oaks|
State Route 218 (SR 218) is a state highway in Monterey County in the U.S. state of California. It connects Route 1 with Route 68, taking an approach north of Monterey Regional Airport via the cities of Seaside and Del Rey Oaks.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment that existed at the time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary (for a full list of prefixes, see the list of postmile definitions). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The entire route is in Monterey County.
|Seaside||R0.00||Sand Dunes Drive||Continuation beyond SR 1|
|R0.00||SR 1 (Cabrillo Highway)||Interchange; west end of SR 218|
|Del Rey Oaks||1.96||SR 68 (Monterey-Salinas Highway) – Salinas, Laguna Seca, Monterey||East end of SR 218|
|1.96||Monterra Road||Continuation beyond SR 68|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- California Department of Transportation. "State Truck Route List". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation. Archived from the original (XLS file) on June 30, 2015. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- Federal Highway Administration (March 25, 2015). National Highway System: Seaside, CA (PDF) (Map). Scale not given. Washington, DC: Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved September 9, 2017.
- Natzke, Stefan; Neathery, Mike & Adderly, Kevin (June 20, 2012). "What is the National Highway System?". National Highway System. Washington, DC: Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- California Department of Transportation (July 2007). "Log of Bridges on State Highways". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation.
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS Archived July 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., 2006
Route map: Google
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to California State Route 218.|