Routing Assets Database
Routing Assets Database (RADb), also expanded as Routing Arbiter Database, run by Merit Network, is a lookup database designed to make fundamental information about networks available. The RADb is a public registry of routing information for networks in the Internet. It was developed in the early 1990s as part of the NSF-funded Routing Arbiter Project. The acronym is frequently seen written in all caps (RADB) but its official usage is the following mixed case (RADb).
Some Internet Service Providers require customers to be registered in some RADb prior to making BGP announcements.
Among other things, the registry validates the origin of the each announcement.
- Autonomous system (Internet)
- Border Gateway Protocol
- Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
- Regional Internet registry
- Routing Assets Database (RADb) homepage
- Internet Routing Registry (IRR) homepage
- IRR FAQs
- Réseaux IP Européens (RIPE) homepage
- IRR Toolset
|This database software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|