||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
8 June 1962 |
Boksburg, South Africa
|Occupation||Founder of Naked Wines|
|Website||Rowan at Nakedwines.com|
Gormley studied at Selborne College East London and the University of Cape Town. He trained as an accountant with Arthur Andersen in South Africa before moving to the UK in 1987 to work in venture capital for Electra Capital Partners.
Life at Virgin
Since Virgin Direct, he has launched 3 new start-ups. When he left Virgin Money he set up Orgasmic Wines with the help of his business partner Laura Knight and his brother Clinton Gormley. The firm became Virgin Wines in 2000 when Richard Branson bought into the business.
Web based at these regional sites:
http://www.nakedwines.com/rowan Naked Page]
- Waller, Martin (29 November 2008). "It is real business, with sales, products and profits, but done in the best possible taste". Times Online. Retrieved 2009-03-04.
- Thackray, Rachelle (15 September 1999). "My Biggest Mistake: Oh Dell, why did I listen to them?". The Independent. Retrieved 2009-03-16.
- Branson, Richard (1998). Losing My Virginity. Virgin Publishing. ISBN 1-85227-684-3.
- "EDP Power 100, 2007". EDP. 19 June 2007. Archived from the original on 13 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-16.
- "Virgin Wines founder "removed from post"". Harpers. 4 July 2008. Retrieved 2009-03-16.
- "Naked Wines founder appointed as CEO of enlarged Majestic". Majestic Wine. 10 April 2015. Retrieved 2015-04-10.