McNamara's first acting role was in the 2009 Australian film, Samson and Delilah. He had the lead role in this film, playing the title character of Samson. His role led him to win an Inside Film Award for best actor and he has been nominated for the best lead actor award in the 2009 Australian Film Institute Awards .
In March 2010 McNamara was arrested by police for jumping on cars in an Alice Springs car park. He was charged with six counts of unlawfully damaging property.
In 2013 he was sentenced to an eight-week jail sentence for kicking and punching his partner and smashing the window of a vehicle. In 2015 he received a suspended jail sentence for breaching a domestic violence order.
- "Australian film Samson and Delilah wins Cannes prize". The Daily Telegraph. 25 May 2009. Retrieved 20 November 2009.
- "Gritty love story Samson And Delilah has swept the Inside Film Awards, claiming six trophies". ABC Online. 19 November 2009. Retrieved 20 November 2009.
- "Samson star arrested for damaging cars". The Australian.
- Moran, Jonathon (19 May 2013). "Samson And Delilah star Marissa Gibson on life after Cannes". The Sunday Telegraph. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Samson and Delilah star Rowan McNamara gets suspended sentence over DVO breach in Central Australia". ABC News.
|This article about an Australian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|