|Chicago Cubs – No. 50|
|Born: November 9, 1992|
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
|August 31, 2018, for the San Diego Padres|
|MLB statistics |
(through May 23, 2019)
|Earned run average||6.75|
Wick attended Carson Graham Secondary School in North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and was drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 19th round of the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft. He did not sign with the Brewers and attended St. John's University to play college baseball. After one year at St. John's, Wick transferred to Cypress College. He was drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals in the ninth round of the 2012 MLB Draft.
St. Louis Cardinals
Wick signed with the Cardinals and started his professional career as a catcher. He made his professional debut that season with the Gulf Coast Cardinals where he batted .156 in 23 games and played 2013 with the Johnson City Cardinals where he batted .256 with ten home runs and 35 RBIs in 56 games. In 2014, he switched to the outfield, where played for the State College Spikes and Peoria Chiefs, compiling a .292 batting average with 20 home runs and 60 RBIs in 74 games between the two teams. Wick started 2015 with the Palm Beach Cardinals. After a slow start with the bat (batting .198 in 33 games), he was transitioned into a pitcher and finished the season with the Gulf Coast Cardinals, giving up two runs in two innings. In 2016, his first full season as a pitcher, he played for both Palm Beach and the Springfield Cardinals, where he posted a 2-0 record and 2.44 ERA with 57 strikeouts in 44.1 innings pitched out of the bullpen. After the season, the Cardinals assigned Wick to the Glendale Desert Dogs of the Arizona Fall League and added him to their 40-man roster. He began 2017 with the Memphis Redbirds, but was placed on the disabled list on May 14 and was not reactivated until July 10. After being reactivated, he reported to Springfield. He returned to Memphis in September. In 16 appearances for Springfield he posted a 2.08 ERA and in 14 appearances for Memphis he was 2-1 with a 5.40 ERA.
San Diego Padres
- Prest, Andy. "Wick drafted by Cardinals". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "State College Spikes: Wick off to blazing start". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- 314-340-8274, Joe Trezza firstname.lastname@example.org. "Cards' minor-league roundup: Wick makes most of promotion". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- Goold, Derrick. "A switch to pitch for Cards prospect Rowan Wick". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Cardinals' Rowan Wick transitions to pitcher". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Rowan Wick Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- Adams, Steve (February 16, 2018). "Padres Claim Rowan Wick". mlbtraderumors.com. Retrieved February 16, 2018.
- Todd, Jeff (March 28, 2018). "Padres Outright Rowan Wick". mlbtraderumors.com. Retrieved March 28, 2018.