This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Rowenta is a German manufacturer of small household appliances. Since 1988, it has been part of the global French Groupe SEB. The German subsidiary is Rowenta Werke GmbH in Erbach in the Odenwald district in Hesse.
Robert Ferdinand August Weintraud (1860-1927) founded Robert Weintraud GmbH & Co KG in 1884, and trademarked the brand name Rowenta, an acronym of the company's full name, in December 1909. His family lived in Offenbach am Main.
The company initially used the slogan Muss heute eine Rowenta sein (today [it] must be a Rowenta). In 2005 they introduced Intelligent Beauty. In 2014, they introduced the new slogan "Enjoy Technology"
- 1919 - an electric iron
- 1926 - the first electric coffee maker for restaurants
- 1949 - the first iron with a thermostat (with ceramic heating elements)
- 1957 - the first steam iron
- 1967 - hair drying bonnet
- 1971 - KG-22 coffee maker (Filtermatic)
- 1974 - its first vacuum cleaner
- 2001 - bagless vacuum cleaner (Infinium)
The company is based in Erbach im Odenwald in Odenwaldkreis. It is located off the B43 next to the A661 bridge over the River Main, in the Gewerbegebiet Kaiserlei near the Best Western Macrander Hotel. The site is also the headquarters of Groupe SEB Deutschland.
- "Rowenta Werke GmbH - Company Profile and News". Bloomberg.com.
- "Our story from 1884 till today". dev2.utopia.rowenta.com. Archived from the original on 4 January 2013. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Fondatorul Rowenta și inovațiile ce ne-au schimbat pentru totdeauna viețile în propriile gospodării". life.ro (in Romanian). 26 October 2020.
- "Why the prices of electrical goods are set to rise in France". thelocal.fr.