Rowing at the 1900 Summer Olympics – Men's coxed pair
|Men's coxed pairs|
at the Games of the II Olympiad
|Competitors||22 from 3 nations|
|Rowing at the|
1900 Summer Olympics
The coxed pairs was one of the competitions in the Rowing at the 1900 Summer Olympics events in Paris. It was held on 25 August and 26 August 1900. 7 boats, involving 22 rowers from 3 nations, competed.
The top two boats in each semifinal advanced to the final.
- Semifinal 1
|1||Société Nautique de la Marne||Lucien Martinet
|2||Minerva Amsterdam||François Brandt
Hermanus Brockmann (cox)
|—||Stade Français||Louis Roche
- Semifinal 2
|1||Rowing Club Castillon||Carlos Deltour
Raoul Paoli (cox)
|2||Cercle Nautique de Reims||Pierre Ferlin
|3||Royal Club Nautique de Gand||Prospère Bruggeman
|4||Club Nautique de Dieppe||Henri Delabarre
In the semi-finals, the Dutch team had been coxed by Hermanus Brockmann, who weighed 60 kg. They saw that the French teams made use of young light-weighted boys of about 25 kg, and decided to switch coxswains to reduce weight, recruiting a young Parisian boy for the job. In the final, the Dutch team took the lead from the start. In the end, the French team came very close, but the Dutch team won a tight race with the French boat sent by the Marne society.
|1||Minerva Amsterdam|| François Brandt (NED)
Roelof Klein (NED)
Unknown cox (FRA)
|2||Société Nautique de la Marne||Lucien Martinet
|3||Rowing Club Castillon||Carlos Deltour
Raoul Paoli (cox)
|4||Cercle Nautique de Reims||Pierre Ferlin
- "Rowing at the 1900 Paris Summer Games: Men's Coxed Pairs". Sports Reference. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- Brockmann was the coxswain for the Dutch team in the semifinal, but not in the final, in which an unknown French boy participated as coxswain. Brockmann is considered a gold medallist by the IOC and is listed in that organization's medal database.
- Race description (in Dutch)
- International Olympic Committee medal winners database
- De Wael, Herman. Herman's Full Olympians: "Rowing 1900". Accessed 26 February 2006. Available electronically at .
- Mallon, Bill (1998). The 1900 Olympic Games, Results for All Competitors in All Events, with Commentary. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers. ISBN 0-7864-0378-0.