Rowing at the 1960 Summer Olympics
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Main article: Rowing at the Summer Olympics
at the Games of the XVII Olympiad
|Dates||30 August – 3 September|
|Competitors||410 from 33 nations|
A total of 410 rowers from 33 nations competed at the Rome Games:
|1||United Team of Germany (EUA)||3||1||0||4|
|2||Soviet Union (URS)||2||2||1||5|
|3||United States (USA)||1||0||1||2|
- International Olympic Committee medal database
- Conflicting sources: Some sources list Lorne Loomer as a silver medalist in eights at the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome, as a member of the Canadian team. However, according to other sources Loomer competed in coxless pairs, but was replaced by substitute David Anderson in the coxed eights.
- "1960 Summer Olympics – Rome, Italy – Rowing" (Retrieved on May 14, 2008)
- "Canada Rowing at the 1960 Roma Summer Games". sports-reference. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "David Anderson". sports-reference. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "1960 UBC/VRC Eights (M)". BC Sports Hall of Fame. Retrieved 12 January 2014.