|Location||18701 Roxbury Road |
|Security class||Level II Medium adult males|
|Managed by||Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services|
Roxbury Correctional Institution is a medium security prison operated by the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services in Hagerstown, Maryland.
In 2014, twenty-five war veterans at Roxbury took part in the nationally recognized POW/MIA recognition day.
While a Roxbury guard, Jeffrey Wroten, was guarding an inmate at a local hospital, the inmate shot and killed Wroten.
Two former guards were sentenced to prison in federal court for assaulting an inmate.
- Theodros, Abby. "Incarcerated Veterans Honor Fallen Heroes". your4state.com. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- Calhoun, Caleb. "Fallen baseball star Strawberry preaches redemption to inmates". Herald-Mail Media. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- Notarianni, Alicia. "Program brings hope to inmates and animals at Roxbury Correctional Institution". Herald Mail. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- Williamson, Elizabeth. "Md. Corrections Officer Shot by Prisoner Who Took His Gun Dies". Washington Post. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- "Two Former Officers at Roxbury Correctional Institution Sentenced in Connection with Assault of an Inmate". justice.gov. Justice Department. Retrieved 4 August 2015.