Roxbury Memorial Park
|Roxbury Memorial Park|
|Location||471 South Roxbury Drive, Beverly Hills, California, 90212|
Roxbury Memorial Park is a public park in Beverly Hills, California.
The park is located at 471 South Roxbury Drive in Beverly Hills, California. It is surrounded by Olympic Boulevard, South Roxbury Drive, and South Spalding Drive. It is a few streets away from the Beverly Hills High School.
Beverly Hills Lawn Bowling Club
It is home to the Beverly Hills Lawn Bowling Club founded in 1926. It moved to Roxbury Memorial Park in the 1930s, when the first clubhouse was built. Early players included actors Otto Kruger (1885-1974) and Edward Arnold (1890-1956). Walt Disney (1901-1966) was also a donor and regular player.
The Walt Disney Masters Singles are held once a year in his honor.
- "The City of Beverly Hills: Roxbury Community Center & Memorial Park". Archived from the original on 2013-08-05. Retrieved 2013-08-11.
- Google Maps
- "The Los Angeles Times: Croquet at Roxbury Memorial park". Archived from the original on 2013-08-11. Retrieved 2013-08-11.
- Elaine Woo, David Paul Kane; Flamboyant Stockbroker Archived 2015-10-18 at the Wayback Machine, The Los Angeles Times, May 28, 1999
- Victoria Talbot, 'Roxbury Park Community Center Re-Opens June 8', The Beverly Hills Courier, May 30, 2014, pp. 1; 16
- "Beverly Hills Lawn Bowling Club". Archived from the original on 2013-09-03. Retrieved 2013-08-11.
- Marc Wanamaker, Early Beverly Hills, Arcadia Publishing, 2005, p. 63