Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
|Headquarters||13355 Noel Road, Suite 1645
Dallas, Texas, U.S. 75240
Number of locations
|Products||Hawaiian cuisine, Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse|
|Parent||United Ohana, LLC.|
|Footnotes / references
Roy's is an upscale American restaurant that specializes in Hawaiian and Japanese fusion cuisine, with a focus on sushi, seafood and steak. The chain was founded by James Beard Foundation Award Winner Roy Yamaguchi in 1988 in Honolulu, Hawaii. The concept was well received among critics upon inception. The concept has grown to include 21 Roy's restaurants in the continental United States, six in Hawaii, one in Japan and one in Guam.
Roy's is known best for its eclectic blend of Hawaiian, Japanese, and Classic French cuisine created by founder Roy Yamaguchi who was born in Tokyo, Japan, and spent his childhood visiting his grandparents who owned a tavern in Wailuku, Maui. Yamaguchi then graduated from the Culinary Institute of America where he received his formal culinary training. Yamaguchi credits these factors to inspiring his unique culinary vision that is brought to life at Roy's.
20 mainland locations Roy's were owned and operated by Bloomin' Brands, Inc., until December 2014 when they were sold to United Ohana, LLC.  The locations of Hawai'i and Pebble Beach, California, remain under original ownership.
- OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC (December 31, 2011). "FY 2011 10-K". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- "Company Officers". OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC. 2011. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- "About Roy's". OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC. 2011. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- Lisa C. Peterson (January 27, 2003). "Roy Yamaguchi: the king of Roy's Restaurants rules by serving regional Hawaiian cuisine to subjects around the globe". Nation's Restaurant News. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20141202_Roys_restaurant_franchises_sold.html?id=284488921. Missing or empty
|This US-based restaurant or restaurant chain article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|