Roy C. Craven
Roy C. Craven (Roy Curtis Craven, Jr.) was (born in Cherokee Bluffs, Alabama on July 29, 1924. - May 30, 1996) He was the founding director of the University Gallery at the University of Florida.
Roy C. Craven authored, co-authored, and co-created (as with contributing the prologue and serving as photographer for Indian Art of Ancient Florida ) numerous scholarly books and publications on art (which are used in class syllabi and cited in other scholarly publications), including:
- Indian Art: A Concise History
- From the ocean of painting : India's popular paintings, 1589 to the present
- Ceremonial centers of the Maya
- Ten contemporary painters from India
- A treasury of Indian miniature paintings
- Ramayana: Pahari Paintings
- A Concise History of Indian Art
- The Art of India from Florida Collections
- Los Olmecas : the parent civilization of Mesoamerica
- Indian sculpture in the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
- Arts of India : selections from the Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art collection, University of Florida
- Pre-Columbian pottery of Peru from the collection of the University Gallery
- From fabled fields : selections from the Paddock family collection of Pre-Columbian art : an exhibition organized by the Norton Museum of Art, November 19, 1994-January 8, 1995
- Of sky and earth : art of the early Southeastern Indians : October 1-November 28, 1982, the High Museum of Art, Atlanta, Georgia
- Craven, Roy. "A Study of Indian Painting (MA Thesis)". University of Florida. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- Craven, Roy C. "Social Security Death Index". http://www.genealogybank.com/. genealogybank. Retrieved 25 January 2015. External link in
- "University Gallery's Roy Craven to be Honored". The Gainesville Sun. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- Purdy, Barbara A. (1996). Indian Art of Ancient Florida. Gainesville, FL: University Press of Florida. ISBN 9780813014623.
- Kobayashi, Hiromitsu. "Introduction to Asian Art Syllabus" (PDF). Sophia University. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- About the University Gallery at UF
- Roy Craven's graduate thesis
- Oral history with Roy C. Craven by the Samuel Proctor Oral History Program
- Guide to the Roy C. Craven, Jr. Photograph Collection housed in the UF Smathers Libraries